PDA

View Full Version : Where can we find a pilot job in New Zealand?

lookxian
3rd Nov 2013, 13:21
Is there any good website that we can find pilot job opportunity in New Zealand?:rolleyes:

falconx
3rd Nov 2013, 20:51
Why would you want to go there

TWT
3rd Nov 2013, 22:15
Why bother posting an unhelpful reply ?

lookxian
3rd Nov 2013, 23:21
Ok,let of answer your question. It is simply because I like the good environment there.The NZ is so call 'pure' .When I traveled there I really wish I could settle there some day.
So...could you give me some more useful information now?

smiling monkey
4th Nov 2013, 00:01
I thought New Zealand regionals were hiring at the moment, but do you have the right to live and work in New Zealand?

wicks747
4th Nov 2013, 00:09
short answer no. there's trademe.co.nz, and seek.co.nz also try afap that's more Aussie jobs but the odd kiwi one dose pop up. But generally there is that much competition for jobs and the industry is so small the operators don't need to advertise. That's why you will find a large amount of kiwi pilots in Aus. Your best bet is to pick a area you like with a few operators and make friends. As said above with link hiring the industry is moving a bit as of late

lookxian
4th Nov 2013, 03:40
Thanks wicks747, how about spray or signsee fly,is that easier to get a job?

wicks747
4th Nov 2013, 05:29
I've PM you mate

DeltaT
4th Nov 2013, 07:28
Is there any good website that we can find pilot job opportunity in New Zealand?

Not enough jobs going for a dedicated NZ site to operate.

lookxian
5th Nov 2013, 08:31
Thanks everyone, then what would be the best the get the information about the job opportunity?

Hotelpresident
5th Nov 2013, 09:20
I understand NZ is a great place but it is quite remote and isolate. You are in the middle of the Pacific with anything else quite far away.

In any case there are some places where you can look for a job over there and especially to get the right contact with the right people. I think you will have to convert your licence anyway but at least you got the same language heritage so it should be a bit easier.

I will send a PM soon.

Luke SkyToddler
5th Nov 2013, 09:21
It's very simple mate - nobody "advertises" pilot jobs in NZ because there's no need. There's not very many air transport operators, everybody knows who they are, and they all have got hundreds of CVs in the pile. If it's a GA / entry level employer they don't need to advertise a job either, because they have almost certainly got lots of hungry young CPL's hanging around sweeping the hangar and answering the phone trying to pick up any scraps of flying hours that might be going spare.

You could post your CV to prospective employers but you are completely wasting your time if you don't have a NZ licence and the right to live and work in the country. Also, no offense intended, but nobody in NZ or Australia is going to hold onto a CV that's sent from America, from someone with such bad grasp of the English language.

The AFAP website in Australia is worth a read just to see what's out there Australian Federation of Air Pilots - Pilot Jobs in Asia Pacific Region (http://www.afap.org.au/Jobs/Latest-Jobs/AFAP-Pilot-Jobs-.asp)

Timocracy
5th Nov 2013, 14:23
"Applications will only be accepted from NZ Residents and Citizens and are not able to offer sponsorships or any assistance with immigration."

Anyone know the definition of "NZ Resident" and how an Aussie could become one?

lookxian
5th Nov 2013, 15:33
thank you skytoddler
I visited the website Australian Federation of Air Pilots - Pilot Jobs in Asia Pacific Region (http://www.afap.org.au/Jobs/Latest-Jobs/AFAP-Pilot-Jobs-.asp) you gave.
but there is so little information about fly in NZ. the only sign seeing fly is only 3 month short term contract. for the short term contract I cannot even apply for the VISA.
but thank you still any way.but the way, Where can I get some information about any aviation related job?

lookxian
5th Nov 2013, 15:53
I have the same question

"Applications will only be accepted from NZ Residents and Citizens and are not able to offer sponsorships or any assistance with immigration."

Gemini Twin
5th Nov 2013, 17:41
lookxian, You are correct NZ is a great place to live but it is not by chance that a very large percentage of the population spends a great deal of there lives living and working overseas. This is especially applicable to pilots and you can find Kiwi's that can fly in every corner of the world. This is because there aren't enough jobs for low time pilots in NZ and your chances of find a job are zero. You would do much better staying where you are and building your time at home until you can bring some experience benefits to your future employee, where ever that may be. Sorry but reality sometimes sucks and the sooner you come to terms with that the easier your decision making process will become. Good luck.

tail wheel
5th Nov 2013, 18:55

Simple really! An Australian Citizen becomes a New Zealand Resident (not Citizen) when they take up permanent residence within New Zealand.

c100driver
5th Nov 2013, 23:40
Australian Citizens and permanent residents of good character who have entered New Zealand are permitted to work under the same conditions as New Zealanders.

Second hit on google and here is the answer.

Only issue could be how does an Aussie manage to show they are of "good character" any hoo? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ralis
6th Nov 2013, 00:38
Only issue could be how does an Aussie manage to show they are of "good character" any hoo? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:ahhahahahahaha awesome

TTMRA makes the licence conversion easy and as long as they let you in the country and give you a IRD number your away laughing.......... no Tasmanians thanks, I've seen the CI channel its full of murderers:sad:

lookxian
8th Nov 2013, 08:16
smiling monkey
is there any good idea that can help me find out where is looking for pilot?

I thought New Zealand regionals were hiring at the moment, but do you have the right to live and work in New Zealand?

Wizofoz
8th Nov 2013, 14:26
looxian,

It would help if you gave a little more information.

What license do you hold? How much experience do you have? What is your nationality, residence and level of English (as I'm assuming it's not your first language).

"A pilot job" is a pretty useless piece of information unless it's a pilot job you are qualified for, and able to obtain re residence in the country.

lookxian
9th Nov 2013, 06:39
PM you already WIZO

DeltaT
9th Nov 2013, 07:11
I think this is a wind up.

Luke SkyToddler
9th Nov 2013, 07:39
The guy asked earlier in the thread how can he apply for a visa.

Agree with you DeltaT - the guy is either winding up or really really clueless.

lookxian it is very simple to understand, if you don't have a New Zealand passport and a NZ CPL licence, you CANNOT WORK IN NEW ZEALAND. It is not possible for employers to arrange a work visa for you.

Suggest that you read and understand Immigration New Zealand (http://www.immigration.govt.nz) before you ask over and over again where can you find a job :ugh:

Mach E Avelli
11th Nov 2013, 02:31
Steady on Flash, we already have enough here who struggle with writing and speaking English without encouraging those who still confuse sucks with six, six with sex and think that the plural of woman is still woman. Imagine an influx of ICAO level 3 speakers/newbies fresh from flight school in the USA - such as the OP appears to be - and what it will do to the lingo.

mattyj
14th Nov 2013, 04:09
Idiot ...the plural of Woman is Womans as every kiwi knows!!

:E

AU-501
17th Nov 2013, 10:33
New Zealand.

framer
17th Nov 2013, 19:45
With the number of sheep per head of capita steadily reducing over the last two decades it has become harder and harder to find a lover. The sheep are becoming very picky and demanding. Many spurned Kiwi males are arriving on Australian shores having decided to resort to Ausi chicks. In turn, us Ausi blokes are having to compete with the Kiwi blokes. It's a lose lose IMO.