PDA

View Full Version : UK Medical Flight Test and SSRI Medication

marioair
2nd Nov 2013, 17:04
The CAA Flowchart for Depression states a Medical Flight Test (MFT) is required in some cases. Questions

1) Does it have to be done by a CAA list of examiners or can my school CFI do it?
2) Has anyone done one before - whats involved
3) Most importantly - has anyone ever actually done this whilst on SSRI medication and been succesfull (class 2). (happy to receive PM if you do not want to post on the forum!)

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2499&pagetype=90&pageid=13851

marioair
6th Nov 2013, 16:56
Anyone? :-)

JoshG
6th Nov 2013, 20:05
I'm in the process of doing this at the moment, it is the final step in the issue of my Class1. It is requested in the covering letter from the CAA that the form has to be completed by the chief instructor of my school. As I understand the flight test doesn't need to be conducted by the chief instructor, but can be completed on the basis of a report by my instructor that I meet the requirements set out in the form.

Josh

Oldfield89
15th Nov 2013, 14:37
I am a ATPL holder who currently takes an SSRI. I had an MFT back in May conducted by a company TRE in the simulator.

No big deal, observation required and a standard form to complete. Job done.:ok: Most CFIs will be able to comment after a short flight test.