PDA

View Full Version : QF Rejection letter received

bella75
9th May 2002, 11:44
Howdy,
its been a while since i have posted, i'd like to congratulate all who have scored jobs in the industry or in the process of interviews..good luck
As for myself my news is very disappointing..after 11months of waiting and dreaming..etc etc. I received a letter from QF HR that my application will no longer be processed. Very shocked at hearing this news. Typically no reason for not furthering my application and no number to contact to give me an insight as to why i wasnt accepted. Thats the least they can do after making me wait this long. Then again im dealing with Qantas here..im just another number to them. The letter did mention if i wished to reapply, a period of 6months must elapse before an application from me can be reconsidered..Geez how thoughtful of you Qantas..Anyway not to worry its been a wonderful and lengthy learning experience.
Would like to know if anyone elses dreams have been shattered.
Take care and good luck to all
Regards Bella75
PS by the way my interview process was for casual and fixed term positions..conducted in June 2001.

flapsforty
9th May 2002, 12:01
Sorry to read this Bella. :(
Shattered dreams hurt, don't they?
Small consolation; many people apply many times to many different airlines before succeeding!
When you have reassembled the shards and re-found your courage, have another go at it!
Best of luck honey.

FloatJockey
9th May 2002, 12:54
Ciao Bella!

Don't be upset and don't give up... it's hard time for the industry and you'll probabily succeed on the next round or with another airline!

I've been "rejected" by 3 airlines now (VB, Emirates and Impulse) and I am still trying. Australian Airlines are next (June-July) and Eastern or Sunstate never came back to me (at least no yet!).
Hazelton are still going down and we'll find out by the end of the month if they'll survive... I guess Kendell are also a question mark at the moment. Did you send your resume to Skippers? They are quite a nice/healthy company! Perth is a good spot I reckon.

Have you been thinking about other airlines outside Australia?
If you have another passport and are still single, it might be worth considering working overseas!

Good luck and remember "if they don't want you, they don't deserve you!".

Mrs. FloatJockey

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Go girl! You'll get over it!

bella75
9th May 2002, 23:38
thankyou for your courage and support guys..feeling bitter at this stage but i'll get over it..hopefully things may be better next time..its the first time i have applied for an airline..and it wont be the last..hopefully next time around i know what to expect.
Jobs overseas and interstate sounds great..but at this stage living in sydney is most convenient for me..my five year old son started school this year..so jobs in sydney suits me best..but im still young..and lifes too short to be sad..i'll be on the look out for vacancies..was wondering if i have to wait for the 6month period to elapse before i can apply for regionals..and thats of course if there are vacancies..Keep in touch thankyou once again
Regards Bella75 XOXO

cabinboy
9th May 2002, 23:50
Bella - Can't imagine how you must be feeling mate, having to wait all that time and then get the flick - it's horrible news and I really feel for you. I would be feeling bitter too, but make sure you keep focused on the task and start applying to other airlines right away.

You definetley DON'T have to wait 6 months to apply for the regional airlines of QF, they are run as seperate businesses so keep your chin up and start applying to the rest.

Good Luck, Keep smiling and keep us updated with your progress

Regards
CB

bella75
14th May 2002, 02:53
hello,
some of you maybe familiar with my situation with QF..still feeling bitter about whats happened to my application..i have decided to write QF HR a letter asking them to reconsider my application..sounds crazy but its worth a try..made it short and sweet..hopefully convincing..they'll probably laugh at it and file it under BIN!!..Anyway wondering if anyone here would have an address in Sydney For QF HR cabin services.
Thanx kind regards
Bella75

FloatJockey
14th May 2002, 03:02
I have this one, I guess it is still correct, even if 3-4 months old:

Qantas Centre Building
203 Coward Street
Mascot
NSW 2020
Australia

Flight Attendant Recruitment (Cabin Services):
Sue Hodges
Pauline Heinonen

Ciao bella!

Mrs. FloatJockey

bella75
14th May 2002, 07:32
Thanx for that Floatjockey...i also had the same address was unsure if that was the address to send it to..
Although Kylie Stone was the name i recieved on my rejection letter so i guess i'll b sending the letter to her..fingers crossed ready for another rejection..pain and perseverance is my game
Regards Bella XOXO

leemo
14th May 2002, 23:57
Hi,

Kylie Stone left QF some time ago, they must be using old templates for the letters!!

The head of Cabin Services Human Resources is now Toni Tippett. She's really nice so I would address the letter to her.

The address is correct but you should add QCC4 to the beginnning.

Good luck.

Lee-QF Short Haul

bella75
15th May 2002, 10:57
thanx for that leemo,
I sent the letter today actually..would u suggest that i send another letter headed with Toni Tippett..What does QCC4 translate to..Honestly speaking do you think im doing the right thing..i guess its worth a try..thanx again
Regards Bella75

stormywx
15th May 2002, 11:09
Do you actually get replies from the letter or just the standard QF template "no positions at the moment, our min requirements are..." ?

vdd
15th May 2002, 11:36
Hi

Sorry, but have to mention this. I'm quite surprised that QF HR management would let letters go out under somebody's name who is no longer with the company. That indicates a very disorganised office.

Anyway, Bella75.... I feel very sorry for you. Keep trying as I'm sure you will get there soon!

All the best to you.

miss 23
15th May 2002, 13:45
Hey Bella75,

Its me miss22 now miss23!!!
I want to wish you good luck with the letter and i hope QF contacts you soon.

As for me i still have not heard from QF regarding my application from June last year. Im hoping good news come my way but i do have a feeling they have lost my application or maybe they just decided to ignore me...oh well!!!. I know a couple of girls that i mett through the QF interviews and were offered long haul positions last thursday and they are going to be based in Perth. They start their training tomorrow in Sydney...lucky ducks!!!! All the best girls.

Miss23:)

qfcabin
15th May 2002, 21:52
Heinonen also been gone from QF for over 6 months now...

leemo
15th May 2002, 23:06
Hi Bella,

I wouldn't send another letter if you have already sent on addressed to Kylie Stone. Although, they get so many letters they may not realise you have sent two in!

QCC4 just stands for Qantas Centre, building C, level 4.

A memo went out a few days ago advising they are hiring 250 permanent f/a's and a few hundred casuals. I'm not sure if this is split between long and short haul and for what bases etc.

They do need extra crew in S/H to crew the A330 when it comes on line in October.

Hope you get in.

Lee-QF short haul

bella75
17th May 2002, 12:54
thanx leemo for the correct inside info, i've sent my second letter, they are definately going to think im mad..oh well i can only try.
Goodluck Miss22...i mean 23..backing you all the way..not long now..hang in there sweetie
Regards Bella75

jayne
17th May 2002, 22:30
so sorry to hear the bad news. That is soooo cruel. 4 of my friends just got into L/H. They had interviews in june last year as well. @ of them are base in Melbourne and 2 in Perth. I know they need people in perth desperately ( so I have been told). Why don't you try for Virgin or Impulse. Virgin ground crew asre recruiting now and so is impulse (qanats-link) for flight attendants. If not wait the 6 months and try again. If you got through to the last stage then you will proberly get in next time you apply. GOODLUCK!
Jaynexo

bella75
18th May 2002, 07:54
hi Jayne,
Your friends that got LH positions do they speak a foreign language.
Thanx for the encouraging words, hopefully next time around im more successful
Kind regards
Bella xoxo

miss 23
20th May 2002, 13:05
Hey bella75 and everyone,

Got a letter today regarding my application from last year with Qantas.
They say that iam on a short list for a period of 6 months and when vacancies arise within this period they may consider me for the position of casual or fixed term flight attendant. This does not lead to any permanent employment with QF.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bella good luck and dont give up!!!!!!
Take care everyone.:) :) :)

Ex Ansett
20th May 2002, 13:19
Qantas interviewed ex ansett staff in Perth at the end of April.
So far 5 have started training school (last thursday) and another 25 are waiting for advice after completing medicals.

It seems that the Perth base is getting 747's at the end of the year.. or so they are telling us.

:D

vdd
22nd May 2002, 11:25
Hi

Further to Leemo's comments (as pasted below). Does anyone from Qantas know anything more about this?

"A memo went out a few days ago advising they are hiring 250 permanent f/a's and a few hundred casuals. I'm not sure if this is split between long and short haul and for what bases etc.
They do need extra crew in S/H to crew the A330 when it comes on line in October. "

Cheers