PDA

View Full Version : Network Aviation Psychometric

JetA181
31st Oct 2013, 03:17
Can anybody that has recently sat the psychometric assessment for Network shed light on how they found it?

Apparently it is new, and outsourced to SHL Direct.

Regards.

V24
31st Oct 2013, 09:21
Challenging to say the least. I did a few free practise ones online before taking the tests. Helped a little I think...

DeltaT
31st Oct 2013, 09:35
New to Network, or new release from SHL?
It is highly likely to be the same one as Jetstar, Qantaslink, and Cobham, who are all using SHL Direct, though with their own spin on "what they are looking for".
Ask SHL if you can do the test and lock the results in the bank with them, then you can pay $187 just once and tell all the airlines that use it to take a look, lol

JetA181
2nd Nov 2013, 08:39
V24 - Did you only use the practice assessments from SHL or did you use any other numerical reasoning material?

Delta - New to Network Aviation... They never had aptitude testing up until now.

Avgas172
2nd Nov 2013, 11:34
Is it the Vienna test?

V24
3rd Nov 2013, 00:32
Not sure what you mean by the Vienna test?

I downloaded a few ebooks with tests in them and and then did the SHL practise tests just before the real one. For the numerical reasoning look for the tests with tables/charts/graphs and then a series of questions for each.

DeltaT
4th Nov 2013, 07:13
I've done the SHL practise ones, scored above average, but still didn't get through on the real ones. So don't take those results you get as a guide!
Then again, the tests are not 100% reliable, about 5-7% error rate on the outcome if I read the technical manual correctly. And we pay for that?!!!
That error being people who fail who should have passed only, and isn't including those that passed that should have failed, or where the prediction of them being a good employee is incorrect.

Avgas172
4th Nov 2013, 09:24
Google the Vienna test and it should let you compare the tests
I just did the Vienna test for a job application and failed .... I have been doing that job for 30 years ... I'm currently talking on the employer with FWA over that test and a few other problems I'm having.

Avgas172
4th Nov 2013, 09:27
Vienna test system (http://www.psychologysoftwaredistribution.com/Vienna_test_system/vienna_test_system.html)

DeltaT
5th Nov 2013, 02:05
The format is not the same as the Vienna tests.
Check the SHL website.