PDA

View Full Version : Air Astana

lafasanella
30th Oct 2013, 01:10
Hi there...
Any info about the airline?
I've heard that They are seeking for Captains on E190 and bus.
Anyone is flying down there?

Stalker_
30th Oct 2013, 15:16
Good outfit - John Mahon from the ITVV B737 DVD is chief pilot on the B757/B767 fleet I believe

Hamrah
31st Oct 2013, 11:02
Hi Stalker, not true, I'm afraid. I'm just here as a contract captain on the 757/767.
Good operation and growing. Aruban registered aircraft to ease the minds of the Lease Companies. Mixture of Russian / Kazakh /Other pilots . Extensive network . Main base is Almaty, Embraer Base in Astana. Expat crews are supplied through Agencies. Very solid and professional operation. Worth a look if you have the type ratings.

The Dominican
31st Oct 2013, 11:35
Which agency? Curious about the T&C'S

Thanks

Hamrah
31st Oct 2013, 11:51
The Dominican,

try a site search on PPrune or a Google search. Its all on the inter-webby thingy.:ok:

The Dominican
1st Nov 2013, 01:01
I thought this site was in the inter webby thingy, I did try several searches there master of the obvious, silly me for trying to ask folks that actually work there about something a little more up to date than what resulted from the searches. thanks anyways.:rolleyes:

dwshimoda
1st Nov 2013, 10:22
The Dominican...

20 Seconds on google gave this result: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=air+astana+agency&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=air+astana+757+contract&rls=en&safe=off

The 6th hit for Aviation Job Search is what you are after.

Criticising Hamrah for trying to help you is hardly sporting - I suspect he was trying to abide by PPRuNe's advertising rules. :=

The Dominican
1st Nov 2013, 11:32
Help???? Is that we call a smart ass remark these days??? Anyways, forgive me for asking other PILOTS, in a website for PILOTS about information. Why can't we just give a straight answer to a straight question here at PPrune anymore, we have to go through 5 posts of stupidity to get an answer. I'm done, thank you for your professionalism:ugh:

The six hit is about reservations at Astana BTW! The information that I was asking is a simple question, What agency has the contract for the 767?
The searches that I have done doesn't bring the 767, only the other fleets. Just a straight answer from a pilot's website is what I would like.

The Dominican
1st Nov 2013, 11:43
My apologies for losing my cool, it's just that the fact that we can't seem to be able to communicate with each other without sarcasm and stupidity gets to me some times.

Anyways, it doesn't matter really, I was just curious.

Thanks

DADDY-OH!
4th Nov 2013, 08:29
The Dominican.

It used to be Sigma, in Ireland. I don't know if it still is.

abwrath
4th Nov 2013, 10:28
Aeroprofessional.

South Prince
15th Nov 2013, 11:02
Yeah, but check them closely ( Aeroprofessional ) as they "loose" your papers.

Hamrah
16th Nov 2013, 02:37
For clarity, I don't know what agencies are involved in recruitment for permanent positions. I worked with Sigma in Dublin as a contractor, hence my suggestion to search the threads. Feel free to IM me if you want any other information

Nearly Man
22nd Nov 2013, 13:33
Yeh, they sound like a bunch of winners

Charter145
25th Nov 2013, 12:10
Park and Zenon did some work providing pilots down there.