PDA

View Full Version : Tarom 398. High Cruising Altitude's.

NacelleStrake
29th Oct 2013, 01:23
Have noticed that Tarom flight's, in and out of Dublin, cruise at 39-41000ft. Is this down to light 'load's' or just, it's 'thinner' therefore, it's cheaper?

Need to Know Basis
29th Oct 2013, 12:45
Most likely ATC told them to fly at that height ?

NacelleStrake
29th Oct 2013, 14:38
They are at these altitudes on a nightly basis so I presume they would have filed for these level's.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Oct 2013, 15:33
There is nothing unusual about commercial aircraft flying at high levele. Why shouldn't they? It is more economical to fly high.

PS In your posts "altitudes", "flights" and "levels" do not need apostrophes.

carbheatout
29th Oct 2013, 16:49
Why don't you tell him to add a comma between the thousands and lose the comma after the 'therefore' whilst you're giving your spelling/grammar lesson?

Nacelle, a jet will fly at optimum levels dependant on mainly three things being:

Operating weight
Prevailing winds
Air traffic congestion

Highest is not always best ie fuel efficient.

Now I look forward to my own grammar lecture....zzzz

DaveReidUK
29th Oct 2013, 17:07
Have noticed that Tarom flight's, in and out of Dublin, cruise at 39-41000ft.In this neck of the woods, Dublin-bound RYRs and EINs level at FL390 or above are a common sight, so it's by no means only Tarom who cruise at that altitude.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Oct 2013, 17:27
carbheat.... I know why you're in Siberia!!

Hotel Tango
29th Oct 2013, 20:51
Depends on how you look at it carbheatout. If one ignores poor spelling or grammar it will only become worse than it already is. Personally, I get miffed when I see hanger instead of hangar and will always bring it to the poster's attention. I have even seen the error several times in official NTSB documents!

carbheatout
29th Oct 2013, 21:08
Like your style HD ;-)

NacelleStrake
29th Oct 2013, 22:13
Thank-you chaps for the constructive criticism with regard to my grammatical prowess, or, rather, lack of. I've never been one that was inebriated by the exuberance of his own verbosity.

Back to the post. Yes, RYR flights do tend to want to get seven and a half miles as soon as practically possible. These Tarom flights do seem to get up there on a regular basis too.

NacelleStrake
30th Oct 2013, 22:41
Forget my previous posts on this 'high-altitude' post. It came into Dublin tonight at only FL380. Must have been dangling the Dunlops the whole way..........