PDA

View Full Version : Staff Travel Scam

woollcott
28th Oct 2013, 22:21
Found this on Craigslist Melbourne :
1 year of unlimited cheap travel on group 1 staff travel- ask more (http://melbourne.craigslist.com.au/trv/4147617378.html)

Can someone do this?
I am betting it is some kind of scam because it would be to easy for management to catch the individual.

startingout
28th Oct 2013, 22:46
A quick google of the email address provided... It shows that the company should really crack down on this guy ASAP. Idiot :ugh:

Wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to get cash, stories exist of it even being up on eBay at times for a willing punter to be caught out with.

ampclamp
28th Oct 2013, 23:13
I think the person has enough problems without putting the details on here. I really don't think it has any relevance on this forum.

A Comfy Chair
28th Oct 2013, 23:49
The answer is no they can't - the staff travel policy indicates penalties including up to termination of employment for breaching conditions.

"An employee may elect to nominate a 'travel companion' to share eligible travel benefits. The nomination of any eligible travel beneficiary must not, in any way, involve any monetary return to the employee ..... Any breach of these Program Conditions will result in disciplinary action which may include termination of employment."