PDA

View Full Version : We're all 10 years old again (but with the hindsight of our present ages)...

airship
28th Oct 2013, 19:16
When I was 10 years old, I had a mum & dad and an amah. Amah would make me the most tasty "lemon and sugar" and "strawberry jam" pancakes at the weekend and holidays. Served on a tray in bed.

When I'd been "very good", I would also sometimes be awoken by my 2 dogs "Blackie and Tata", dad allowing them into the house to climb the stairs upto my bedroom exceptionally. Otherwise, they slept in tea-chests on the porch even in the coldest winter. And preferred being "guard-dogs" accompanying the chowkidar on the estate during the night (I suspect the odd wandering leopard or 2 might have encouraged them too though).

Our lives are either too long, or not long enough. Whatever lessons I've learned have been learned too late, or not at all.

Given the chance of being reborn as a 10 year old, with all the past years' experience in hindsight, just what would I do differently? Or you...?!

Cacophonix
28th Oct 2013, 19:22
Given the chance of being reborn as a 10 year old, with all the past years' experience in hindsight, just what would I do differently?

Pretty much everything... ;)

Caco

tony draper
28th Oct 2013, 19:24
Nah, just wouldn't seem right, a ten year old me shaking me walking stick at other urchins and shouting Bah!!
:uhoh:

Nervous SLF
28th Oct 2013, 19:37
My first thought was that I would have a head start at understanding females :ok: but within a second or two realised
that would still never ever happen :O

Have just been informed "we" must go shopping, one didn't know about this in advance :ooh:

Lonewolf_50
28th Oct 2013, 19:40
When I was 10 years old, I had a mum & dad and an amah. Your past history as a scion of the racist colonialist class is noted. :E

If I could be ten again but knowing all I know now?

Well, I'd not approach puberty with apprenehsion, but with enthusiasm, and I'd have waaaaaaaaay more lines that worked with the ladies as I worked my way up from puppy love to whatever else opened up. And I'd wrap the sausage in a condom EVERY time, not just some times, until I was finally married to just the right girl, and we both went for a planting of the seed in the furrow ...

I'd also invest differently.

cavortingcheetah
28th Oct 2013, 20:00
I think that I would have tried to organise my life such that, in my later years, I could live in the same style as did the OP in his earlier ones.

airship
28th Oct 2013, 20:01
I think airship would have been very happy to have had Tony D as a playmate whilst in skull in UK in the early '70s...?! Of course, he'd have been a bit older - and bigger. And what better protector could you ask for?

At the junior school in Seaford, I remember being put under the direct protection of (I forget her name), a gorgeous 10 year old blond girl. She ensured that I ate all my lunches in the school canteen (and ate all my desserts including custard) in addition to ensuring that I was never bullied. Since I was one of the "older" pupils and this was several years "before the Conservative government invited all of East Africa's Asian communities to come and live in the UK in the wake of Idi Amain etc.", there was no racism at my local school...?!

I sometimes wonder what happenned to "her". She was so kind and gentle as a child, that I couldn't imagine her falling into the clutches of the likes of some contributors here. :{

In deference to all the non-smokers here, happiness can sometimes be found in the form of a mild cigar:

Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet - YouTube

Cacophonix
28th Oct 2013, 20:05
I could live in the same style as did the OP in his earlier ones.

You mean as a punkhawallah...!

Rester calme Airship c'était une blague! ;)

Caco

500N
28th Oct 2013, 20:14
Cactus

Jesus christ, you made me laugh about the older sisters girlfriends !
Lucky you didn't jump the fence :O

Takan Inchovit
29th Oct 2013, 06:21
If I was 10 again (here and now), I'd probably know a lot less than the other 10 year olds (here and now). :*

arcniz
29th Oct 2013, 12:45
Airship -- on the surface it seems that your 10 was a lot better than my 10.

Never had the sister nor her chums, but next time one has a nervous breakdown or whatever & regresses to such times long past, we will include them in the re-write on strength of your inspiration.

Very interesting perspective, that!

Lonewolf_50
29th Oct 2013, 13:01
... happiness can sometimes be found in the form of a mild cigar:You betcha, particularly when you are ten years old. :E While I don't smoke anymore, I am from time to time offered a cigar on the golf course, and now and again partake.

Goodness.