PDA

View Full Version : Royal Navy Fly training

Peter-RB
28th Oct 2013, 13:04
Good afternoon Rotorheads,
I cannot find the thread I started some 12 moinths ago so I could add this to it, but some of you may remember that I met a young man who was so keen to fly for a living, he had degrees in Physics and Astro-physics, well after I managed to get a couple of pro Helipilots to talk with him they suggested the RN for his path to attempt to get in for flight training, so he did just that....last week he passed out at Dartmouth and has been taken on to Heli/fixd wing training for the RN.

So yet again I am pleased that by using the benefit of the thread of friends I have met in the heli world, they have all been able to help this young man to a point where it is now down to him and his ability.

Peter R-B
Lancashire :ok:

Savoia
28th Oct 2013, 13:13
Well done Peter.

You must be very proud and he must be very pleased.

Please post a photo when he gets his wings!

Union Jack
28th Oct 2013, 13:36
You must be very proud and he must be very pleased....

.... and I am too - and I'm very Pleased to be of help (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/501853-pleased-help.html) http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Jack

Peter-RB
28th Oct 2013, 14:57
Thank you UJ,

I am obviously a child of the steam age, I tried for about 30 mins to find that thread, so well done!

Savoia, yes I will do that, because it is I think a great achievement to be so single minded as to be able to be pointed in a directions and end up getting your foot through the front door, having seen the young man and heard how he speaks it is clear that he has an ability seldom seen in young people nowadays, I am certain that will have helped him immensly whilst at Dartmouth, I said to him take every step with care and well thought out planning, because so many pairs of eyes will be watching what he will be doing.

As far as being proud, all I have done is linked a couple of real time pros with a young man of stature, it is the pros who should be proud because he has listened to them!

I will keep all informed of his progress. Thank you for the interest.!

Peter R-B
Lancashire,... in the Sun with just a touch of wind...:ok:

28th Oct 2013, 16:59
It is just a shame he didn't set his sights a little higher and apply to the RAF;);):E

md 600 driver
28th Oct 2013, 17:24
or set his sights to the very top and joined the Army!!!

Savoia
28th Oct 2013, 17:32
Ha ha .. bravo 600! :D

nomorehelosforme
28th Oct 2013, 19:02
Lol don't get bitchy! Fair play to the guy!

29th Oct 2013, 07:06
It's called banter:ok:

Thomas coupling
29th Oct 2013, 09:18
Great to see a mere mortal joining the worlds elite:ok:

Good on you Pete for getting his ball rolling...you must be chuffed.

If he gets into trouble during his "run's ashore" give us a call, I still have friends in dodgy places :ok::=

Wirbelsturm
29th Oct 2013, 09:32
Dig Army,
Fly Navy,
Eat Crab.

:}

The Fleet Air Arm, a highly exclusive Gentlemans flying club.
Welcome, I hope the training goes well, the challenges involved on the front line are worth it.

:E :ok:

Evalu8ter
29th Oct 2013, 10:25
"a highly exclusive Gentlemen's flying club" - indeed, for those on their second visit to the CIO/OASC....:E

Banter aside, well done young man. As a crab who's embarked, and with many mates in CHF, provided he ends up in Merlin Mk4 or Wildcat he'll have a hoofing time. Death before Pinging......

topendtorque
29th Oct 2013, 11:04
Or perhaps he may have his sights set well up and be continuing to treat Peter's daughter in a manner to which she may like to become accustomed, as - him being a helicopter pilot an' all..

Peter-RB
29th Oct 2013, 16:52
Topend...

I have already warned her about Sailors, and Soldiers...;):E

Peter R-B
Lancashire

zorab64
29th Oct 2013, 22:35
. . . and of course you don't need to warn about Crabs - they don't seem to think quite the same as the working military! :p

30th Oct 2013, 10:52
That implies that the 'working military' actually think at all;)

OafOrfUxAche
1st Nov 2013, 12:10
Crabs - they don't seem to think quite the same as the working military

Why bother working when you get paid the same to sit in a hotel?

Flying Bull
2nd Nov 2013, 18:34
Hi Wirbelsturm,

you´re absolutely right!

Dig Army,
Fly Navy,
Eat Crab.

The Fleet Air Arm, a highly exclusive Gentlemans flying club.

as experienced in the 90´s ;-)

http://www.uheeren.de/test/LNT.jpg

sbdorset
3rd Nov 2013, 20:39
+1 but 1977!!:}

Ye Olde Pilot
3rd Nov 2013, 21:32
Congrats on Dartmouth Peter....

My son is down there with you but in nuclear subs:*

Peter-RB
4th Nov 2013, 15:54
YOP

Its not me but a young guy called Chris, one hell of a chap, but your boy must have big gonads ...dont they fry eggs on the deck pates of them A Subs...;)

Peter R-B...:ok:

Thomas coupling
4th Nov 2013, 19:03
I'm confused (not difficult) I was 83 course and that was 1979 so what 49 course doing in 1990? Didnt come round again did it???
Submariners: Spent my life trying to wipe them out but never actually met one!
Weird race :ooh:

Wirbelsturm
4th Nov 2013, 19:20
I was 83 course and that was 1979 so what 49 course doing in 1990?

The MOD ran out of numbers and rather than buy some more they re-used the old ones!

Sadly the 'Elf & Safety dictatorship got hold of the ceiling in the old sports bar and had it repainted. :-(

As for the 'Sun-dodgers', nuff said!!!!
(although running ASW for the Perisher course was pretty cool and very intense!!!)