View Full Version : Cabin Crew to get SHP...finally.

A3301FD
27th Oct 2013, 02:22
Cabin Crew are to be paid their SHP claim in their November 2013 salary. Its only taken how many years?! This was advised to them in their unions newsletter I believe.

So...five years for ours? :mad:

Liam Gallagher
27th Oct 2013, 07:31
People. They make an airline...... (Unprofitable)

wongsuzie
27th Oct 2013, 08:53
1.Comfy chair - chk
2.Pop corn - chk
3.Lychee Mojito - chk

geh065
27th Oct 2013, 12:13
They were actually promised it in their September salaries but that clearly never happened. I won't be holding my breath.

CX-HOR
27th Oct 2013, 13:18
I have been advised that the AOA actually hasn't filed its claim to the Labour Council as yet. I can confirm that the six year limit on claims is effective from the Date of Court hearing, not even submission date, so some people's claims are already being affected.

Perhaps an AOA Committee member can confirm they haven't actually filed yet???

Pomerian
27th Oct 2013, 15:15
nothing has set in sept, just cx thought it was settled and made the announcement on their own

cxorcist
28th Oct 2013, 02:36
When they get paid, will it include interest for all the years of missed payments? Will there be any fine or punitive damages included?

Max Reheat
28th Oct 2013, 02:57
cxorcist
No, of course not! It'll be $1888 as a one off discretionary payment or some other guff to get away with it. At the tribunal Mrs Reheat was told her underpayment was $253,000! Do you think she'll see it? Of course not!
Though our fingers are crossed for a full payment in good faith.
Obviously it will come out of the ADB and PS pots.
The managers of today don't care about the effects of their actions because when the crows come home to roost they will be long gone upwards and onwards.

Pomerian
28th Oct 2013, 04:58
Sorry to disappoint you Max Reheat - the payment will include interest. And the payment is varied from crew to crew, not a lum sum for all.

A3301FD
28th Oct 2013, 06:32
I suspect the company will pay the SHP in November salary, then deny 13th month in December. That way they have complied with the Court, yet save themselves money in December :mad:

Standby...

Freehills
28th Oct 2013, 06:58
Ooh, Mr A3301FD. That's eeevil. A job in management awaits you

rick.shaw
29th Oct 2013, 04:38
Yes. And then blame the lack of 13th month on the cabin crew payout, creating resentment by other staff groups towards cabin crew. Or are those tactics specifically reserved for dealing with the ever-so-greedy pilot group???

Possibility 2 is to have a special ex-gratia payment instead of 13th month - $6000 anyone? And of course to be told we are lucky to get that in these tough times!

AnAmusedReader
30th Oct 2013, 04:00
CH-HOR wrote:

I have been advised that the AOA actually hasn't filed its claim to the Labour Council as yet. I can confirm that the six year limit on claims is effective from the Date of Court hearing, not even submission date, so some people's claims are already being affected.

I'm not on the GC and I'm not sure who is advising you but individuals have to file claims not the AOA and I know of one individual who says he has filed his claim. Limitation is from date of submission not the hearing date - both to the Labour Tribunal, not Labour Council or a court.

Lots of people will have their claims affected as the AOA has been so slow on this.

CodyBlade
30th Oct 2013, 08:22
Yup it has to start somewhere and end some where: Statute of limitations.

Farman Biplane
4th Nov 2013, 01:31
Have the Dragonair employees addressed this SHP issue yet? If so, what was their outcome?