PDA

View Full Version : Women Drivers in KSA??!!

Don_Apron
27th Oct 2013, 00:24
BBC News - Some Saudi women defy driving ban in day of protest (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24658753)

Totally, disgusting, decadent and obscene!!

Where will it end??

Goodness me, the women will want to be flying aircraft next!!

Mechta
27th Oct 2013, 00:36
Isn't this what the 'Bur Car' is for?
http://images.lpcdn.ca/641x427/201302/12/647249.jpg

galaxy flyer
27th Oct 2013, 00:47
Much worse, the VOTE!

GF

Cacophonix
27th Oct 2013, 03:00
Bunch of hand shit rag heads...

Shame on us for indulging the savages...

Omar Dykes - 2013 - Runnin' With The Wolf - YouTube

Caco

Dushan
27th Oct 2013, 04:01
Why aren't the feminists marching in protest to the KSA's embassy in support of their sisters?

P6 Driver
27th Oct 2013, 09:46
Why aren't the feminists marching in protest to the KSA's embassy in support of their sisters?

The cause isn't trendy enough?

Takan Inchovit
27th Oct 2013, 09:48
... or perhaps the sand is too hot and they dont have shoes.

B Fraser
27th Oct 2013, 10:42
How did the women get their driving licenses ? Given they are East of Calais, a brown envelope to the right official was all that was required. :rolleyes:

SMT Member
27th Oct 2013, 10:50
Hardly a week goes by where thought doesn't strike me 'oh how I wish we could rid ourselves of oil', and it has nothing to do with the environment or economy. The sole reason would be to gleefully watch the cesspits of the ME sink back into camel riding obscurity, from where they may enjoy the sum total importance of any other nation who's main export is dates. And nobody will give a flying so-and-so how their relationship with their chosen version of an Abrahamic deity may be affected but what I say, eat or do. There will be no unlimited fund from where terrorism can be funded, and nobody will give a rats arse if a bunch of goat shaggers allow their women to drive camels or not.

One day, one day ....

Worrals in the wilds
27th Oct 2013, 11:37
Why aren't the feminists marching in protest to the KSA's embassy in support of their sisters? Because they wouldn't give a f:mad:k. :bored:
Nor do the US or UK governments who continue to do business with the KSA no matter how they treat their women.
Personally I'll save my marching hours for causes where they may actually make a difference.

cattletruck
27th Oct 2013, 12:12
When I saw this news item on TV the thing that got my attention were the self righteous do-gooders on the side of the road filming and taking photographs of these women driving.

This reminded me of the similar brain washing by the anti-smoking lobby in demonising trivial matters.

God help these poor ladies if they're seen with a cigarette in one hand while driving.

airship
27th Oct 2013, 12:44
Perhaps one day (but probably not in my own remaining lifetime and over many "not over my dead-body"s), women-drivers will be "pulled-over" for other reasons. [Translated from the Arabic], "You do know why we've pulled you over...?! [/Translated from the Arabic]:

The interior rear-view mirror is not there specifically nor should be permanently-angled at the driver so as to allow you to apply make-up whilst driving even slowly.

PS. When you do have an accident (minor or otherwise), it is insufficient to merely cry or simply hurl abuse at the other (male) party, believing that you can get away with stuff so easily...

Inshallah... :ok::uhoh:

Lightning Mate
27th Oct 2013, 12:47
Remember it's 1435 A.H. in Saudi.

airship
28th Oct 2013, 14:56
If 10% of us had 90% of this man's courage...

No Woman, No Drive - YouTube

:sad::ok:

doubleu-anker
28th Oct 2013, 22:43
SMT Member.

Great post!! Best i've read in a long time.

So, so true. :D:D:D

mutt
29th Oct 2013, 04:37
I wouldn't let my wife drive in Saudi because the infrastructure isn't there to support and protect her, and the mindset of the younger male generation would see a female alone in a car as a target for their warped sense of humour.

The Saudi government will start to allow driving, but it will have to be a slow approach with rules like "50 years old and above", then a year later 40, 30 etc.

None of this has anything to do with the capabilities of women many of whom obtained their driving licenses outside Saudi.

Mutt

hoofie
29th Oct 2013, 05:01
Mutt said:
I wouldn't let my wife drive in Saudi because the infrastructure isn't there to support and protect her, and the mindset of the younger male generation would see a female alone in a car as a target for their warped sense of humour.

Very good point - the women who want to drive are perfectly capable but the response of the local men could be violent or worse.

Harassment of women is very, very, very, very common in Saudi

perantau
29th Oct 2013, 09:02
Perhaps having lady drivers would reduce the level of testosterone on the roads?

Lightning Mate
29th Oct 2013, 16:18
Of course, if they are stopped to check ID.............

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/Lightning_29/Saudi-women_zps2d1d1f4b.jpg

Andu
29th Oct 2013, 20:55
A question to the PPrune brain trust that came up yesterday at morning coffee: is KSA the only country where women are unable to drive? (I mean officially.)

My wife asked what the situation was re women drivers in Afghanistan. I know that it would be impossible for many if not most women, especially in the conservative rural areas, but can women get a driver's licence in the 'stan? (I know there aren't a lot of cars in your average driveway in Afghanistan.)

And are there any other countries, (other than KSA) that forbid women from driving?

Worrals in the wilds
29th Oct 2013, 23:02
I believe it's only Saudi, not that I'd want to drive in Yemen, Afghanistan or similar. Even in India I noticed there were relatively few women drivers when compared to the west.

Of course in India (and presumably across the ME) it's fairly cheap to hire a car and a driver, so maybe a lot of women simply don't bother to drive.

For interest;
Women drivers in Yemen: rare customers |*Yemen Times (http://www.yementimes.com/en/1569/business/803/Women-drivers-in-Yemen-rare-customers.htm)

C4
30th Oct 2013, 09:42
OMG!!! Just think of all those empty kitchens!!!!

Worrals in the wilds
30th Oct 2013, 09:56
Empty while their proud occupants are out driving around all over town sourcing the best and freshest ingredients to create a magnificent feast. :cool:
Seems to account for a fair bit of my driving, anyway...:\
I think that any woman in SE Queensland will agree that trying to park a car at the Clayfield Markets, Pennisi or Black Pearl Epicure on a Saturday arvo when the specials get listed is the closest they'll ever come to combat driving :eek:. I'm sure other places have their local equivalents.

Either way, on examining my non-work driving habits most of the miles are for 'women's duties', ie getting food, visiting elderly relatives, dropping off household items (theirs and mine) for repair and similar. Maybe the Saudis are missing out on some female productivity benefits. Now I think about it, I'd love to absolve those responsibilities onto some other bozo. Pollies of Australia, let's ban female drivers, and BTW you can pick up your own :mad:ing dry cleaning and 'artisan' bread! :}:}

Hardly any of my driving is for subversive activities, if only because subversive activities usually involve a few refreshing beverages post activity which makes leaving the car at home a good idea...:suspect::}

Loki
30th Oct 2013, 12:29
aZMbTFNp4wI

Lightning Mate
30th Oct 2013, 12:48
Pennisi

Interesting name.....

dazdaz1
30th Oct 2013, 15:47
Just a thought, are Saudi ladies allowed to ride/drive mopeds or motor bikes such as 1000cc Honda?

airship
30th Oct 2013, 16:26
Loki, I thought I had already posted the same video on 28/10...?!

Who would have thought that any Saudi could apperciate Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff or others...?! :=

I repeat what I wrote earlier concerning this video: If 10% of us had 90% of this man's courage...

rotornut
30th Oct 2013, 16:39
Then there's the ones in Beijing: BBC News - Beijing police accused of sexism towards women drivers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-24742034)

I think I've heard this before:

Some female drivers lack a sense of direction and are often hesitant as to which roads to take.