View Full Version : Chinese ATP Exam

Pin Head
26th Oct 2013, 19:29
Hi

I have the dreaded Chinese ATP exam for foreigner seeking work.

Making hay with the FAA ATP stuff but need a more condensed guide for the relevant Chinese parts e.g max duty day.

In return for beer tokens does anyone have it lying around.

Please PM me

Thanks

Pin

lifeafteraviation
15th Nov 2013, 10:49
Your recruiter should provide you with all this. If they don't you may want to consider getting a different recruiter before you start this process.

The Chinese ATP is doable but will require many dedicated hours of studying the question/answer book. Having a background as an instructor or someone who likes to read the AIM cover to cover to kill time helps....otherwise you must study.

The actual questions you get may be slightly different and very often the wrong answers are marked as correct and the correct answers are marked as wrong. Since they are constantly tweaking the test it's difficult to know if the guides are up to date with the correct "wrong" answers. The way to defeat this is to beat the odds by aiming for much higher than a minimum passing score to pad for incorrect answers that are impossible to avoid in the actual test.

Getting a guide from someone who took the test two years ago may not be as helpful as getting an updated guide from a recruiter who asks for feedback from everyone who took the test to keep the study guides up to date. The Chinese don't publish this information publicly like the U.S.

Again, if you have a low end fly by night recruiter they won't have these resources and take the care you need to get by. There are many other reasons to have a well known recruiter who specializes in the airline you are applying to such as inside connections and favoritism. Research and figure out which recruiter has the highest success rate for your airline of choice because the reason that recruiter has a higher success rate isn't luck or that they recruit better candidates necessarily.

Pin Head
15th Nov 2013, 17:14
I passed. 72%. Pass mark 70%

:)

Colocolo
16th Nov 2013, 01:08
Over studied !!:E

Congrats Cheers

Colocolo

lifeafteraviation
16th Nov 2013, 03:18
Congratulations on passing your first try....many don't.

Where are you headed?

Pin Head
16th Nov 2013, 05:55
Hopefully somewhere but I don t want to get carried away. Still waiting on the medical result!

That gets even more people I believe.

737lpa
20th Nov 2013, 08:25
Smells to me like CSA ;)

WJAPilot
20th Nov 2013, 13:09
Did you make it through the sim?

737lpa
20th Nov 2013, 17:06
I did passed the assessment SIM, but I have to go back now to do another SIM for the CAAC ATPL.

WJAPilot
20th Nov 2013, 17:17
PM ME
Im awaiting round two as well