PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood...

Cacophonix
25th Oct 2013, 03:05
I am not sure this appropriate here, but one of the few damned programs I miss around here is Deadwood.

Deadwood Opening Scene - YouTube

What the f#ck...

Caco

Dushan
25th Oct 2013, 03:08
Since when are you concerned with "appropriate", Caco?

Cacophonix
25th Oct 2013, 03:13
Since when are you concerned with "appropriate", Caco?

Dushan, a man must be so... you know it...

Deadwood - Steve the gentleman, diplomat and talented businessman - YouTube

Caco

Cacophonix
25th Oct 2013, 03:17
But Swearengen is a poet... ;)

Swearengen's Best Rant - YouTube

Caco

tony draper
25th Oct 2013, 07:27
Utterly brilliant series,the dialog positively Shakespearean, though I doubt the swore as much out west,now one has come into the possession of a blue ray player one is giving thought to buying the series on DVD.
:rolleyes:

Lightning Mate
25th Oct 2013, 08:44
now one has come into the possession of a blue ray player

Prolly just arrived oop north then.

Buster Hyman
25th Oct 2013, 09:19
Recently watched it for the first time. Borrowed the whole series on DVD, great show. Ended too soon IMHO.

tony draper
25th Oct 2013, 09:22
Your name is in the book,the black one, and a line has been drawn through it Mr Lightning,:=
Settle your affairs.:rolleyes:

Lightning Mate
25th Oct 2013, 09:29
Mr Draper,

To be serious for a moment.

The sound quality on Blu-ray discs is also of much higher quality than on a normal CD, a fact of which not everyone is aware.

Assuming you are going to use it with a flat screen TV, then may I recommend the acquisition of a pukka sound system to go with it.

You will be astonished at what happens - we were.

tony draper
25th Oct 2013, 10:25
I have a Sony Surround Sound System with a large bass woofer,bought a few years ago I admit,connected same up to me old Sony Vega used it a couple of times then disconnected it,even on the lowest setting it still rattled me windows and frightened me dog,it now sits gathering dust in me junk room.
:uhoh:

Dan Gerous
25th Oct 2013, 11:34
Bought the first season on spec. Great. Bought seasons 2 and 3, then the knobs stopped making it. The one consolation was, it at least had an end. From the internet, I gather the writers packed it in, to go write yet another cop series! Think I'll go dig it out from the stash, and watch it again.

tony draper
25th Oct 2013, 11:56
Probably rightly so,the mistake Drama writer in the UK who probably came up writing soap operas so they churn out piss poor quality shite and when a decent one does come along they run it for too long and it turns stupid ten episodes before it ends.
Best stuff Dramawise is produced in the USA now and invariably is hoovered up by the Sky Atlantic Channel which I dont have. :(

Lon More
25th Oct 2013, 12:54
The Deadwood Stage from Calamity Jane (1953) - YouTube

Buster Hyman
25th Oct 2013, 14:49
WW2 amunition
Questions being asked in the Dutch Parliament about the safety of some of the stuff dumped in the N.Sea after WW2. Makes small fry of the Richard Montgomery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Richard_Montgomery) by comparison.

Wow. There's a thread drift that I didn't see coming!

Lon More
25th Oct 2013, 15:39
Wow. There's a thread drift that I didn't see coming!

It was a duplicate of something I posted elsewhere. Wondered where it had gone.

BenThere
25th Oct 2013, 15:59
Deadwood's worth a visit. The big Homestake Gold Mine lies underneath it. You can go to the actual saloon where Wild Bill Hickock was dealt his Aces and Eights, the dead man's hand, before his demise, while the cigar-smoking Calamity Jane was in the vicinity. Quite a colorful place, the Dakota Badlands.

If you go in early August you'll be sharing the space with half a million Harley riders taking part in Sturgis, when the hotels get their $500/night rack rates. Go in July and it's the normal $60. Fly into Rapid City, and take in Mt. Rushmore, too.

tony draper
25th Oct 2013, 16:14
Would love to see it Mr Ben but I understand nearly all the original building were destroyed in a great fire,Interesting the real Al Swearenger died wretchedly from a blow to the head in a back alley somewhere, cant remember where now.
The real Seth Bullock went on to have a interesting life and became the friend of Presidents and such.
:)

Lon More
26th Oct 2013, 16:08
Reported on BBCtv One Show last night the series will be repeated on Dave IIRC

603DX
26th Oct 2013, 17:09
I saw the first episode a week or so back, but when Tinker, Eric and Lady Jane Felsham failed to turn up and join the action, I switched channels. And what a foul mouth that Lovejoy character seems to have developed! :eek:;)

tony draper
26th Oct 2013, 17:44
I remember seeing Tinker in one of those ghastly Spaghetti Westerns a few years ago,he played the baddy gunslinger in the black hat,I kid you not.
:uhoh:

Seldomfitforpurpose
26th Oct 2013, 18:40
Deadwood's worth a visit.

We did a 2500 mile Denver to Denver road trip, Yellowstone and Salt Lake to mention but 2 and without a doubt Deadwood was shite :ok:

jet_noseover
26th Oct 2013, 18:54
I should start the new thread..."Most annoying PpRunners"... Caco be on the 10 most accomplished list. Along with... The frenchy Airship...:)

Cacophonix
27th Oct 2013, 02:18
Caco be on the 10 most accomplished list.

Proud to be so baby...

You can suck when you want... (idiot)...

Caco