PDA

View Full Version : CMD Bugged ?

racedo
24th Oct 2013, 20:19
Given the NSA pretty much bugged world leaders whats the bets that they did it to Call Me Dave as well.

You gotta feel sorry for the NSA....................having to listen to CMD for hours on end...................then again they getting paid for it, unlike us where we have to pay to hear him :{

500N
24th Oct 2013, 20:23
Yes, and every other leader in the world where possible.

Regardless of what the US says, they look after No 1, the US and
will do whatever they want until caught and then profusely apologise.
But only if required.

And anyone who thinks the US doesn't needs their head read.

BenThere
24th Oct 2013, 20:32
The US government has no right to intrude on the private conversations and communications of its citizens or other citizens of the world without cause or warrant. I'm ashamed at what's happening today, angry at our journalists who will not criticize the government, and disappointed that our populace seems to accept it.

Nervous SLF
24th Oct 2013, 20:36
Wasn't it an American gentleman several years ago who insisted that "Gentlemen don't read other gentlemens letters" or similar?

angels
24th Oct 2013, 20:57
This really belongs in the Snowden thread.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone is surprised by these latest revelations. Any law-abiding citizen, dim-witted politician or wacko terrorist should know The Man is always watching. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ2VQ2Rwb_k

JAKL
24th Oct 2013, 21:02
If they are so good at surveillance, why do they let the drug dealers, traffickers, terrorists et all continue to do business? I mean, what's in it for them?

vulcanised
24th Oct 2013, 21:27
I always thought the Bourne trilogy was a load of hokum, enjoyable hokum, but hokum nonetheless.

Now I realise it was a documentary.

racedo
24th Oct 2013, 21:56
If they are so good at surveillance, why do they let the drug dealers, traffickers, terrorists et all continue to do business? I mean, what's in it for them?

Where do you think all the money gets cleaned and used to prop up economies ?

Who benefiited from the Opium Wars ?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
24th Oct 2013, 22:49
Politicians have no legal solutions (or, at least, none they think the public will accept) to the problems of drug & human trafficking. Therefore, they do not wish to be informed of the scale of the problem, so they can deny there is a major problem. The same applies to immigration & benefit fraud by organised crime in the UK. There's no need to 'ban' gathering the information, as it can be effectively done by budget allocation and target-setting. Set a minimal budget for human trafficking investigation and don't give it a target and, quel surprise, the agencies don't find there's a major problem.

They do want to know about terrorists, and given the infrequency of attacks but undoubted fervour of the terrorists I think they are probably doing a pretty good job but don't want to talk about it.

con-pilot
24th Oct 2013, 22:56
Hmm, maybe this will earn Obama another Nobel Prize. :rolleyes:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
24th Oct 2013, 22:58
I wasn't aware he'd earned the first one, or the Syrian Chemical types. The Nobel Peace Prize (decided by the Norwegians, remember) is being dished on on the hope of results, not actual results.

Krystal n chips
25th Oct 2013, 05:51
CMD Bugged

One is not being a spelling pedant you understand.

One merely wishes to say that a vowel and consonant are missing from the above.....

Don_Apron
25th Oct 2013, 08:41
I heard last night, that a lot of prime ministers and presidents still don't use encrypted signals!!

Goodness me, an radio ham even pickup and recorded, Charlie whispering hot sweet nothings to Camilla. How long ago was that??!!

Still nothing has been done about it. Of course the Americans are at it. So would every other country in the world, if they had the gear to do it.

Lightning Mate
25th Oct 2013, 08:42
The UK has the gear to do it.

teeteringhead
25th Oct 2013, 08:47
Spies Discovered Spying on People Shock Horror!!

Is anyone really naive enough to be surprised or shocked ......

sitigeltfel
25th Oct 2013, 09:09
The conversation should go something like this.....

Prime minister: "Are we spying on our traditional enemies?

Spymaster: "No, not now, Prime Minister".

Prime Minister: "I want your resignation on my desk by 5pm".

MagnusP
25th Oct 2013, 09:54
Private Eye reports an article on the Grauniad website on 9th October. The headline was :

New MI5 Chief Defends Spying

Gosh, I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked. :rolleyes:

500N
25th Oct 2013, 09:57
I did like Merkel's comment today that the bugging by the US
has broken all trust in Obama.

He who likes to think he is above everyone else :O

ricardian
25th Oct 2013, 10:57
Nervous_SLF said Wasn't it an American gentleman several years ago who insisted that "Gentlemen don't read other gentlemens letters" or similar?
Herbert Stimson, US Secretary of State in 1929. He closed down the USA code-breakers.

cattletruck
25th Oct 2013, 11:06
I inadvertently got caught up in this thing:
The Athens Affair - IEEE Spectrum (http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/security/the-athens-affair)

Before this broke out I was speaking to the regional CEO of the Swedish multinational involved on unrelated matters, and almost choked on my breakfast watching Greece's international news in Australia when he appeared on the set being viciously grilled in Parliament :eek:. That was the moment when I first heard about it.

The phone tapping software in question was mostly developed in Australia, and the virgin behind it is a sad piece of corrupt work.

Under threat of his life, the aforementioned CEO was snuck out of the country and to Australia (he was originally Australian). I met him once thereafter but we never spoke of the incident. He was paid a mega salary and retired early 1.5 years later to fade away into the background. Some of us did not fair as lucky.

racedo
25th Oct 2013, 20:30
BBC News - David Cameron's phone 'not monitored' by US (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24668861)

They would say that wouldn't they.............;)