PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick Viewing/Spotting

arthur harbrow
18th Oct 2013, 11:11
Hello, could anyone kindly advise me on spotting places around Gatwick please?Will probably arrive by train.
Have not spotted at Gatwick since viewing area closed.Thanks

Mr Angry from Purley
18th Oct 2013, 17:34
That was a long time ago!
I dont do numbers but see a lot of guys down on the inner road towards the old BCAL hanger under the lights. At that time you could see through the fence which for LGW was a surprise:ugh:

DaveReidUK
18th Oct 2013, 18:11
Hello, could anyone kindly advise me on spotting places around Gatwick please? Will probably arrive by train.If you're into photography, and you're on foot, try the following:

Go from the station into the terminal. Turn left and keep walking. Near the desks at the far end is a stairway which you can descend and which will bring you out at ground level on the NCN21 cycleway. Walk south for a couple of hundred yards and you will end up here:

http://www.enjoytheview.eu/photos/103/072/10307257-W.jpg

Great for landing shots when, as is usual, the airport is on westerlies.

Skipness One Echo
18th Oct 2013, 20:00
There's a great spot, tolerated by Security and Police along the road running under the South Terminal. Runs by the approach lights for 26L, good views across the airfield, you won't miss anything. Good shots of landers as well. Accesible from landside, Virgin check in, downstairs past the toilets at the easyJet ticket desk. Go outside, past the barrier and keep walking.

Good luck!

TurboTomato
22nd Oct 2013, 08:28
Where can you access that area from the non-airport end?

spottilludrop
2nd Nov 2013, 13:58
As said by SOE top place to view however be aware i was recently abused there by a halfwitted security jobsworth who threatened to confiscate my radio told me to grow up and get a proper hobby and that spotters were effing menace! And if found again i would be arrested and charged with trespass and radio communication offences ...total pratt:ugh::ugh:

TurboTomato
4th Nov 2013, 09:18
Really, they bothered to come all the way down there? It's not like it's right by the road.