PDA

View Full Version : breaking news on 3rd country licences

Pace
18th Oct 2013, 10:36
Below is part of a letter from the CAA Confirming what I knew to be happening

I am writing to inform you that following a vote at an International Meeting at the European Commission held 17 October 2013, the following change to the Aircrew Regulation has been agreed on:

Extension of derogation - validation requirements for non-commercial flights
The derogation against the requirement to hold a Part-FCL licence or a European validation of a 3rd Country licence to fly 3rd country-registered aircraft based in the EU is to expire on 8th April 2014. The amendment to the regulation will extend the derogation to 8th April 2015.

This means that pilots employed by companies operating privately operated corporate aircraft such as yourself do not require a Part-FCL validation until 8th April 2015.

Pace

james brown
18th Oct 2013, 12:07
Hmmmmm

EC held a meeting yesterday, came to a decision that day. then the CAA stopped everything and wrote to you the same day and then posted it FIRST class so you received it today.

Pace
18th Oct 2013, 12:20
James

No did not post it E mailed it this am! It is genuine just felt it was not right to put my details and the CAAs details with the post so posted the meat.
God some people are hard work.:ugh:
If you doubt it then I am happy to make a £1000 bet with you its genuine do you want me to PM you with the address to send the cheque to? :ok:

NB you also do not have a clue on the background or why the CAA should contact me so quick
As there are a lot of pilots who would have been badly effected by these regs other than the ones I am in contact with I have put it here for them to see.
On top of that I actually knew the outcome yesterday but waited for the official confirmation from the CAA today before posting

Pace

JACQUOUILLE
18th Oct 2013, 13:04
Good News! Hopefully they will have enough time for an FCL Basa between EASA and FAA . Rumors that the 2 are talking about an easier conversion process for pilots with more than 1500 hours on MPA.

Pace
18th Oct 2013, 13:16
Hopefully they will have enough time for an FCL Basa between EASA and FAA :ok:

Pace

Triple Nickel 8 Ball
19th Oct 2013, 19:47
...and the Lord said "Let there be light".... And EASA said "More like a glimmer of hope of us doing something sensible"!

Hopefully a BSA will be put in place, people can go about their business and do what they have been doing for years and EASA wont need to have me duck their heads down a toilet, flush twice and then Egg and flour them! :ok:

deefer dog
21st Oct 2013, 16:18
Fair enough, but according to the regulation individual States may apply for derogations, but are not required to do so. In the case of the UK CAA Pace may have the result he was hoping for, and I congratulate him for fighting the bureaucrats, but before derogations may be extended elsewhere the other States will have to publish accordingly, or not as the case may be.