PDA

View Full Version : Blue Thunder on Bravo

RotorHorn
8th May 2002, 11:27
Following on from our discussion the other week about which was better, Airwolf or Blue Thunder (sad sad people we are).

Just to let you know that Blue Thunder (the series) is being shown on Bravo (ch124 on Sky Digital) at noon and 4pm from 16th May....

Its not got Roy Scheider in it as far as I know, but its got the helicopter - which is all that matters to us eh? ;)

CyclicRick
8th May 2002, 19:42
I was on my course at wallop when Blue Thunder came out. We had a great time ripping it to pieces knowledgable gits that we were.
As far as I know (third hand info of course!) the whole nose section was made of plywood, could only carry the pilot and about 20mins of fuel (approx. 50-60Kgs) and was restricted to about 40-60Kts, so there goes your turbo boost!
Good mind numbing entertainment though, better than Airwolf methinks.

killabeez
8th May 2002, 22:08
Your kidding..???????????????????????

:)

Capn Notarious
9th May 2002, 08:52
Never mind these titles: Whatever happened to`The Whirlybirds` flown by Chuck Martin and P.T.Moore. Somebody tell me that it was filmed in colour and remains avaliable, in some viewable format.:confused:

B Sousa
10th May 2002, 00:43
Whirlybirds...Now theres one for you. There was a reunion a year or so back somewhere in South California I believe and the last remaining Star from that show was there. Also a bell 47. I wish I still had the info on that. The star was the red curly haired guy with the Ray-Bans, cant remember the name...
An easy way to find out about things anywhere is through searching on Copernic. You can download the free version and its very, very good. www.copernic.com. Once in place, search the web by exact phrase and all material will come back to you.....its a way to play with this thing....

t'aint natural
10th May 2002, 18:26
Lookee here.

http://cellmath.med.utoronto.ca/B47/history/wbGuide/wbLaunchIt.html

flipped
10th May 2002, 20:40
Please tell me it was purely an oversight that people forgot to mention 'Chopper Squad' in the early 80's.

Australian (helicopter) drama at it's best?

Going back to Blue Thunder and Airwolf, Blue Thunder was always on later (9-10pm, Mondays?) in the UK and therefore made it more dangerous for a 7 year old kid to be caught watching it.

Can't wait for it to come back on Bravo, at least I can relax whilst watching the 'horrific violence' my Dad told me it was full of.

Vfrpilotpb
10th May 2002, 21:21
Chuck and Pt, Now that takes me right back, GGGOD am I that old, better go and have another Bombay Saph and Tonic, sad old git!!

Still, when I'm up in the Gin clear I still see those old 47's:(