PDA

View Full Version : Interviews for self-sponsored Tigerair MPL programme

TehHalia
18th Oct 2013, 04:03
Hey Guys,

I am selected for first round interview with SFC. Any advise?

Any idea what will be next?

Thanks Guys!

N5748E
18th Oct 2013, 22:40
Singapore flying college is training Tigerair cadets???

themerlion12
18th Oct 2013, 22:52
and PPL too....you just lost your job DSG haha

wannabe15
19th Oct 2013, 19:31
Is a CPL/IR program, no?

wonderland
20th Oct 2013, 22:36
Pay the money and you are in...

Stallone
21st Oct 2013, 04:37
Pay the money and you are in...

nope

we need better (and fresher) trolls in here :D:D:D

http://receivetipstricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/joker-clap.gif

Veins101
22nd Oct 2013, 15:39
I am interested to know more.

There is a mark difference in CPL and MPL. However if Tiger is hiring and i Get my ATPL there makes not much difference correct.

Also i asked the college about the programme and the type rating is separate from the CPL course. And cost is separate.

If you factor in everything the cost is significantly higher.

silentkitten
22nd Oct 2013, 17:52
ouch.. if what you are saying is true, the type rating is pretty steep as well.last i checked high on the 5 figure side. can anyone clarify?

wonderland
22nd Oct 2013, 21:52
Self sponsored ab ignition training has never been cheap or affordable. You'd be looking at the 250 k region, maybe more if you want to live a lavish lifestyle while training in jandakot...

TehHalia
23rd Oct 2013, 02:22
Interview was very short and cold. It doesnt look good for me. It lasted less than 10 mins.... Total investment around 250K... that is alot of money.. I was expecting the range between $180 - $200, but 250K is a bone breaker...

Smochy 747
24th Oct 2013, 11:34
Hello Tehalia. I'm one of the 6 candidates being interviewed today. On average, each guy spent 10 to 15mins in the interview room. If you get shorlisted, do update :)

Droste
24th Oct 2013, 12:47
Self sponsored ab ignition training has never been cheap or affordable. You'd be looking at the 250 k region, maybe more if you want to live a lavish lifestyle while training in jandakot... I agree with you that I am afraid it is going to get close to S$300K with miscellaneous expenses.

Many smart Malaysians invested >RM300 to earn for a CPL and hoping to move to the airline. They thought working in the airline can easily earn or recover the invested school fee.

Notwithstanding, the world smartest Indian Nationals did the same as those smart Malaysians. Till now, many are still jobless.

Nowadays, there are too much advertising, coning people to dream for a flying desk. Unfortunately, Singapore is one of them.

ouch.. if what you are saying is true, the type rating is pretty steep as well.last i checked high on the 5 figure side. can anyone clarify?
The flying school will be smiling ear to ear to see the amount of money coming out from your pocket.

Interview was very short and cold. It doesnt look good for me. It lasted less than 10 mins.... Total investment around 250K... that is alot of money.. I was expecting the range between $180 - $200, but 250K is a bone breaker...
If you can afford to pay the full cost of a 4-room BTO HDB flat at Bidadari, you are already one leg in. The other one leg depends on your attitude and other minor factors.

I do not see the reason for them to “shoo” a fat sheep (肥羊) which has already entered the slaughtering house.

Training anybody to get a CAAS CPL is their outmost business profitability objective. However, for them to get your guaranteed job is definitely your “dtai-czee”! :)

Smochy 747
24th Oct 2013, 13:24
Hello CaptRoyBoy, thanks for the reply. If i could ask, did your friend actually get through for the 2nd interview? And was he informed through email or phone call?

dagger19
24th Oct 2013, 14:03
phone call and follow up by an email.

wonderland
25th Oct 2013, 00:16
Yea, same here, got a phone call, then a confirmation email.

TehHalia
25th Oct 2013, 02:26
My first interview was on Tuesday. I didn't receive any phone call or an email. I guess its game over for me...

Good luck guys and I hope you will be on A320's right seat soon enough... I will probably look for other alternatives but age is catching up..

twins9
25th Oct 2013, 06:01
Is the $250k an upfront payment, a bond or school fees that you can pay by semester? Is employment guaranteed after course is completed? Any further bond after that $250k fee?

N5748E
25th Oct 2013, 06:13
Lump sum for ground school phase, monthly payments for flying phase in jandakot.

Employment is not guaranteed as mentioned in the letter of intention.

Stallone
25th Oct 2013, 15:08
everything should be same as SQ cadets.

stay in at seletar colonial house, 172 and baron hours total abt 200hrs

kraznyoctbyar
25th Oct 2013, 15:58
TehHalia,

Don't give up, Man ! Keep at it. I went thru the same roller coaster, almost some 20 odd years ago. Things will work out. Have faith.

kraznyoctbyar

Veins101
25th Oct 2013, 16:18
Employment is not confirmed so gotta pray hard.

N5748E
26th Oct 2013, 01:12
For non sq, it'll be stay out ground school, the colonial houses for sq cadets as they wanted a more regimental/ "I know where you are at all times mentality". No OBS at lumut too...

If you stay at seletar colonial house, good luck with the mosquitoes.

CodyBlade
26th Oct 2013, 03:05
Bro,good idea to know e diff between 'advise' & 'advice'.

English language proficiency a factor.

Veins101
26th Oct 2013, 12:50
why is SFC's program so expensive? what is different about their curriculum?

purplehearts
26th Oct 2013, 19:24
Cost is high probably because housing and food is all provided.

That said staying in is probably a wonderful thing. Seletar is nigh inaccessible and travelling will eat up too much of your time and will not be cheap as well. You'd perform better for exams and flying if you're staying in.

N5748E
26th Oct 2013, 21:46
Jalan Kayu will be your regular hang out point.

Droste
27th Oct 2013, 03:39
why is SFC's program so expensive?

There are many reasons.
1. It is the first flying college in Singapore after SIA pulled out from sickening MFA.
2. SFC is like NUS/NTU, graduates from SFC looks down on other flight school.
3. Singapore Flying College is the training wing from SIA.
4. Most reputable in the entire Asia.
5. The list goes on.

Smochy 747
27th Oct 2013, 11:38
It's a stay in course @ Seletar which was confirmed by a SFC instructor.

Anyway, to those who have been informed for the 2nd interview, could I just know which dates are you guys allocated for the 2nd interview?

SOPS
27th Oct 2013, 16:54
So let me get this right, they are interviewing you to be allowed to spend $250000 plus expenses, with no promise of a job!

I'm glad I am close to retirement, this industry is close to collapse.

(Just remember you won't be 20 forever, one day you may want to support a family, and you won't be able to do that on nothing. And that is we're these programes are heading towards.....but enjoy your shiny jet)

dagger19
28th Oct 2013, 10:54
SOPS, well said. except that they do issue a letter of intent to hire u if u dont screw up during the course.

but even so, it is not easy to enter. my opinion. =)

Droste
28th Oct 2013, 12:49
So let me get this right, they are interviewing you to be allowed to spend $250000 plus expenses, with no promise of a job!
You are right! Nothing is promise. It is a good money making business industry.

S$250K/student multiple by 25 private students per intake = S$6.25millions for that flight school! WOW...

There are companies conducting ground (JAR-ATPL) lesson preparing them to sit for CAAS theory examination. Lucrative business isn't it?

I'm glad I am close to retirement, this industry is close to collapse.
LOL... not there yet.

(Just remember you won't be 20 forever, one day you may want to support a family, and you won't be able to do that on nothing. And that is we're these programes are heading towards.....but enjoy your shiny jet)
"One ear in and one ear out".

Many smart Malaysians and Indian Nationals took the "bite". Investment cause them in debt with no beautiful flying desk. Singaporeans will be the next one. I am afraid there are already a few not doing well in securing their dream job.

flying.monkeyz
28th Oct 2013, 13:12
S$6.25millions for that flight school! WOW...

You make it sound like there's no operating cost to the flight school. Staff salary? Aircraft Depreciation? Fuel? Rental?

Veins101
28th Oct 2013, 14:18
Flying monkey, you're right. aircraft and its maintenance cost a bomb.

Do i really get a better education at SFC than in lets say STAA?

if i compute STAA program. CPL/IR + ATPL theory is
SGD138,000+SGD22,080=SGD160,080

SFC tigerair program is similar at SGD182000 the difference is SGD20K for a 6 months stay at the house at Seletar. Other than that I am not sure what is better.

Type rating after that is SGD48K. Total is SGD220+k. It would take 4-5 years to earn back the money that I loan. Other than which school to take it's a no brainer to me. If money is not a problem I would do it.

So again back to the question is SFC that much better than STAA that it cost so much more? And after that there is still type rating where as MPL programs can graduate to flying with airlines straight.

wonderland
28th Oct 2013, 23:30
I really hope SFC does not have the recruiting minima of another flying school in Singapore, some of their cadets are a real danger to themselves, let alone others.

dream747
28th Oct 2013, 23:48
I believe STAA is no longer selected by Tiger Airways to train their pilots other than those that have already enrolled.

MPL course for Tiger is now done by CAE and SFC for the CPL/IR.

wonderland
29th Oct 2013, 00:06
That's good to hear.

flying.monkeyz
29th Oct 2013, 00:54
I've not heard anything to indicate that Tiger has cancelled its contract with STAA on MPL training. What I heard is that the 3 flight schools will now take turns to train.

CAE still have to conduct a beta trial on their Tiger MPL program which is mandated by CAAS.

Smochy 747
29th Oct 2013, 11:40
superconst, did you go for the interview last week?

Smochy 747
29th Oct 2013, 12:30
I went for the interview on 24/10. Have not heard of anything yet ever since. Will try to give them a call maybe this thursday. How about you?

Smochy 747
30th Oct 2013, 09:59
If you have any updates, do update, vice versa. I will give them a call tomorrow.

Godfred
30th Oct 2013, 13:01
Hi guys , i would like to ask some advise here,I am currently studying in ngee ann poly 2year , 23 years old .

I went ahead and applied STAA's CPL/IR course prior to that , I didn't had any knowledge if this tiger programme .

I completed the compass test , STAA's interview , awaiting email for them and waiti for clearance from my CLASS 1 and CLASS 2 license.

I don't wanna waste any more time already , no offense , paying for the course is not a problem for me . Further more I don't have a diploma , only 4 o level credits and a higher nitec in marine and offshore technology with 3.92 gpa and certificate of merit.... I am really confused and discouraged by the other threads about STAA's graduatees .
Please advise , I am very keen and passionate on being a pilot as a career

TehHalia
30th Oct 2013, 14:43
anybody has any experience with CAE? Their integrated ATPL programme is significantly cheaper compare to SFC. Any idea why??

training wheels
30th Oct 2013, 15:42
Integrated ATPL? You need a minimum of 1500 hours to get an ATPL. How can they offer such a course, unless it's really just a CPL/IR with ATPL subjects completed (the so called frozen ATPL).

N5748E
31st Oct 2013, 00:05
Integrated doesn't mean ATPL, means you get a CPL/IR, and you completed the 14 atpl exams.

As for you Godfred, you should go complete your diploma first, looking at your education history, the airline or air work companies will shoot your resume to shreds when they see you have bad 'o' level results, diploma incompleted, and a ITE diploma with nothing to do with aviation.

Remember end of the day most airline candidates are your typical diploma/degree, 'A' level/degree holder with a stunning testimonial from NS and CCA achievement record.

Godfred
31st Oct 2013, 01:10
Hmmm is those private diplomas from Kaplan or sim recongniced ?

N5748E
31st Oct 2013, 02:00
So far, no, they frown upon such, the airline recruiters use the term "buy-the-paper" for certain diplomas, and some Australian universities.

Unless you went to a government, state, MOE, etc. school, the diploma or degree is as useful as a wing above the critical angle of attack.

Godfred
31st Oct 2013, 02:14
But correct me if I'm wrong

Polytechnic ------> private degree
Private diploma----> private degree

Wouldn't it be on par ?

eerie
31st Oct 2013, 03:32
"Wing above the critical angle of attack." I ll use that on young people to stress the importance of education..

Smochy 747
31st Oct 2013, 04:11
superconst, i called sfc earlier and they mentioned those who were successful in their interview would have gotten a call by now. No call means unsuccessful. Sadly, i'm one of them. Taking it in a positive note, time to reflect where we went wrong etc. Not the end of runway though. Keep the dream alive aviators wannabe :)

wonderland
31st Oct 2013, 04:53
Just curious, was there a need to pay any fees for the selection process?

Veins101
31st Oct 2013, 11:25
I've just sent my CV to SFC a few day ago. No word from them yet. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt.

wonderland
1st Nov 2013, 00:28
They aren't interested in the CV, they are more keen in the sgd$300 fee they charge for the selection process......

Godfred
1st Nov 2013, 02:25
i dont know about the other tests

CAE tigerair compass test: $160++
STAA compass test : $321

ST aeromedical
CLASS 1 and CLASS 2(package) : $535

if anyone has other information ,feel free to add on :O

N5748E
1st Nov 2013, 04:56
RSAF compass test, free
SQ selection/medical/compass/tea party, free

wonderland
1st Nov 2013, 12:58
Boy boy, it's $300 for the selection fee. But I'm pretty sure some rich man son will cough up 300k to play pilot....

wonderland
2nd Nov 2013, 11:46
Nope, I never paid anything.

mthx
4th Nov 2013, 01:38
Hi guys. Congratulations to those who were successful for the interview. Did SFC give you guys a start date?

sport08
9th Nov 2013, 22:21
Does anyone know if Tigerair recruits people who already have their CPL/IR for their MPL Programme or do they only want people with minimal flight time?

Veins101
10th Nov 2013, 07:53
No idea dude. They seem like they got no preference as stated in their ad on SFC but it's already taken down.

Anyone here who is starting on the course?

SFC172N
11th Nov 2013, 11:19
Tml selection at STC.

SFC website stop advertising for openings anyway. Total course is $250k to a A320 cockpit before personal expenses. Expected bunk in and course start date is Dec31st.

N5748E
11th Nov 2013, 23:52
Hey SFC172N,

It'll be awesome if you get the cadetship at SFC, you probably have done more landings at WSSL as compared to anyone else in this forum.

Regards,
N5748E

N5748E
12th Nov 2013, 22:35
All fun and games yesterday at STC. :ok:

N5748E
13th Nov 2013, 02:32
Looks like the results and phone calls are coming in. Standby your phones, medicals up next.

TehHalia
13th Nov 2013, 02:45
all the best guys!!! keep posting your experience with STC. It will be a valuable insights for some of us who are still pacing outside the fence.

flying.monkeyz
14th Nov 2013, 06:24
Posted on CAE Oxford's FB Page:

Tigerair Multi-crew Pilot Licence (MPL) Training Program Now Accepting Applications for June 2014 intake!

The Tigerair MPL Training course is a professional course that enables you to achieve your flying ambition in a structured and focused way. It incorporates Tigerair’s specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) from an early stage in the training and requires Tigerair to mentor pre-selected cadets through a custom-made course and into type, base and line training for Tigerair’s fleet of A320 aircraft. It takes about 15 months to achieve licence issue, from where line training and employment with Tigerair commences.

Completion of the course leads to the issue of a CAAS MPL with a Type Endorsement for an Airbus A320 aircraft.

Veins101
16th Nov 2013, 04:00
I think i screwed my second interview at STC. May also had screwed the psychometric test.

Should I try again for tigerair?

9FLYJET9
16th Nov 2013, 05:21
Any news on 2013 GD dates? when is it likely to happen?

wonderland
16th Nov 2013, 05:27
Purplehearts, you just spewed out the same jargon I mentioned to godfred with the exact same points, if you are within a 15km radius of me, I'll buy you a beer.

Remember what was learnt in human performance n limitations, that is a clear case of "confirmation biase".

wonderland
16th Nov 2013, 05:32
Nah veins101, consider another career, the compass test and such are standard across the various schools and airlines, so if you fail this one, it's unlikely you'll do better next time.

Veins101
16th Nov 2013, 07:21
Wonderland... All my hopes and aspirations dashed.

dagger19
16th Nov 2013, 16:31
Veins101, have you already gotten a response from SFC?

Veins101
17th Nov 2013, 02:17
The school said no response yet of acceptance or rejection. I am not hopeful after captain Anthony's speech.

Chiba
26th Nov 2013, 16:38
hi..so anyone gg start the course on Dec 30th? Just wondering if this eventually turned out to be a sponsored one for the accepted applicants?:D:O

N5748E
27th Nov 2013, 05:09
Nowadays, SPONSORED is not in the aviation dictionary...

flying.monkeyz
27th Nov 2013, 10:36
SELF-SPONSORED is. ;)

Chiba
27th Nov 2013, 16:33
Nay, I dont buy that. I believe big carriers like SQ will still offer, "bonded for 7years..pay back $6K in a year once you sart earning your keep" ...if not, lesser people will be applying. Though many can afford that $250K to learn the apprenticeship, there are still alot whom are unable to fork out this amt. I am just speculating the possibility this SFC Tiger cadetship as sponsored because second rd for tiger this time is like SQ final interview cum tea party, maybe(or sakali) they offer sponsored leh? Many things difficult to say one... so any accepted guys gg to start? Congrats la.. any chamber secrets to share? :D

wonderland
28th Nov 2013, 01:34
Wow, that's real hog wash right there.

You'll have to pay for every cent. The only reason it was held "SQ style" was because a guy whose name starts with E and a woman whose name starts with J have not been very busy for the last couple of years because SQ have stopped their cadet intakes, the function room at STC is getting very dusty and is starting to smell musky, so they had to open it up to air it.

Chiba
28th Nov 2013, 15:11
haha...okies E and J, hw are you?! Any idea do they play a part in accepting and rejecting candidates based on 'hard' qualifications like O level grades, A grades even after a candidate passed all SQ style rds even right after the medical? Maybe next, we can look into the different experiences of ppl whom have gone thru SQ style and whether these experiences lead to a successful or unsuccessful outcome. Let's relight the engines gentlemen!!

changgg
3rd Jun 2018, 03:09
Any tiger air pilots ?