PDA

View Full Version : PPL trainee with medical question

Lenn1995
17th Oct 2013, 17:12
Hi all

Just need some help re medicals. I am currently doing training in the south of england, and have just completed an initial class 1 medical. Now, as dumb as this sounds, i am just wondering, from here on out to revalidate the medical, do i just do the 'renewal', IE no more initial exams required?

Cheers

Dash8driver1312
17th Oct 2013, 20:21
As long as you want to keep your Class 1, follow the schedule according the form! So, once every year, drop your shorts and prepare to cough!

Ulster
17th Oct 2013, 20:43
So, once every year, drop your shorts

Not quite ! One must presume from your name that you are a teenager. If so, your initial class 1 is valid for class 2 privileges for 5 years. If you RENEW (not revalidate) your class 1 with an AME before that expiry, then you will not need to go back to Aviation House for another initial. It makes good sense not to leave it until the very last minute, of course !

Lenn1995
18th Oct 2013, 11:11
Thanks for that mate. What would you recommend for renewal? A month or a week or 2 before expiry?

Cheers

Ulster
18th Oct 2013, 17:06
What would you recommend for renewal? A month or a week or 2 before expiry?

Any time within the last year would be fine. Start planning, booking appointment, etc, about the fourth anniversary of your recent initial.
Another advantage of that timing is that you might save the (not trivial) expense of the ECG and audio, because those are 5 yearly, and would not be due at 4 years. :ok: