PDA

View Full Version : The Airlines of Blackbushe Airport, unveiling 21 October, 2013

Peter Brown
17th Oct 2013, 15:42
Hi all..

A new sign, "The Airlines of Blackbushe Airport" will be unveiled this coming Monday, 21st October, 2013, at 11:00 local time..adjacent to the Terminal Building at Blackbushe Airport. In a brief ceremony Harold Bamberg, Founder Chairman of Eagle Airways will be cutting the official ribbon.

What was originally envisaged as a small plaque has grown somewhat in size, and the new sign will hopefully give visitors some idea of what Blackbushe was about when until 1960 it was London's second airport.

If you wish to take a look at the thread I've been feeding for the past couple of years "Blackbushe Airport Pictures of the Past", I'd be delighted!!

Here's the link. Blackbushe Pics from the Past | Farnborough-aviation-group.co.uk (http://farnborough.proboards.com/thread/5968/blackbushe-pics-past?page=55) that takes you to yesterday's entry..

Hope to see you on Monday..

21 October...11:00

Cheers
Peter B

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Oct 2013, 12:13
Just bumping this up to maximise publicity.

Wycombe
19th Oct 2013, 21:04
Nice one HD, I was going to do the same.

For info, it looks like there is going to be some local media coverage (BBC Radio Surrey and Meridian TV have been mentioned).

Wycombe
21st Oct 2013, 21:06
A link to some words and pictures describing this morning's event:

The Airlines of Blackbushe Airport | Farnborough-aviation-group.co.uk (http://farnborough.proboards.com/thread/13213/airlines-blackbushe-airport)

I must say the sign looks great, congratulations to Peter and the others involved in it's creation.

Peter Brown
22nd Oct 2013, 20:10
Thanks Wycombe, really appreciate your input. In jet terminology the sign had a bit of a wet start as nature decided to wet the babies head, as it were...Hopefully 'the sign' will tell part of the Blackbushe story for many years to come. It was wonderful to have Harold Bamberg back on Blackbushe as he performed the ribbon cutting job, and later Eagle and Silver City folk were once again mingled on the airport they called Blackbushe...

Regards
Peter