PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete my LinkedIn account?

Sop_Monkey
17th Oct 2013, 03:40
I've tried but as the site is very user unfriendly in this area, my computer skills are left wanting.

Any help would be appreciated.

SM

Airborne Aircrew
17th Oct 2013, 15:34
This (http://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63) is what they say about it...

Sop_Monkey
18th Oct 2013, 02:32
Thanks!

Never entered my head to use help. :}

Airborne Aircrew
18th Oct 2013, 17:16
That's right... We don't need no steeenking manual... ;)

ONE GREEN AND HOPING
22nd Oct 2013, 23:39
I responded to a request to register with 'Linkedin' a while back, but have no real reason to network, since I intend to remain unemployed. However my address book has been accessed, and unintended invitations to join me on 'Linkedin' appear to have been sent to everyone listed. Most of those people are not registered with this site, and several questioning responses have not even heard of Linkedin previously. If I've been hacked, it does seem an odd thing to do.

cattletruck
23rd Oct 2013, 03:12
OGAH, chances are one of your friends has submitted their own address book to LinkedIn which has probably got similar contacts to yours. If that's the case then it's beyond your control.

ONE GREEN AND HOPING
23rd Oct 2013, 16:34
......Thanks, C-Truck, that's an interesting pointer. I've browsed on LinkedIn, but have nothing commercially interesting to offer. The only downside was two responses from recently widowed ex colleagues, so I've now removed the list that remained from my working life. I can see why people tire of the pestering ways of some of these sites. They just don't want to see anybody sign off.....

ONE GREEN AND HOPING
2nd Nov 2013, 10:03
A couple of days back, I had an 'IT' person in to help with some sticking old hard-drives, and give me a few pointers and edits on Windows 8. I mentioned my ( own and a couple of others, I had heard of ) problem with 'Linkedin'. He unsubscribed my account quickly having used the link mentioned above on this page 1. I didn't follow closely, but he clearly found no problem. I did notice an expected request to supply reasons for leaving, so if you see that, you're on the right track.....