PDA

View Full Version : Clear customs in HNL or LAX?

ruddman
15th Oct 2013, 22:55
Quick question - if I'm actually in the right forum - I'm flying from Australia to USA soon via the huge circular route of CNS - GUM - HNL - LAX. ( it was cheap).

I was wondering if we clear customs in HNL or whether because its only a change of aircraft in Hawaii, we do so in LA? I think we arrive terminal 7 in LAX, not sure if that's Int. or Dom. only.

Was assuming being smaller, customs in HNL would be less painful and shorter wait then LAX.

Any help greatly appreciated.

AdamFrisch
15th Oct 2013, 23:20
Think you clear in Guam. Which is a good thing - the smaller the better. This means you arrive Honolulu as a domestic flight. Saves a lot of hassle as you now don't have to recheck your luggage and go through security once again.

ruddman
15th Oct 2013, 23:40
Oh course. Guam. Forgot about that. Here's hoping anyway. Would make it a little simpler.

Appreciate the help, Adam.

jg86tsv
8th Mar 2014, 05:09
Ruddman did you end up clearing customs/immigration in Guam. I am flying this route later in the year and am curious and also need to figure out what to put down on our ESTA waivers (ie... is Guam considered the entry point into the USA)

Thanks