PDA

View Full Version : More e-mail angst.

ExSp33db1rd
15th Oct 2013, 01:17
Unfortunately I haven't yet got around to using the advice I was given recently to back-up e-mails to an external storage device - The Road To Hell etc.

Sadly, the reason I needed it was because of what has just happened.

Windows Live Mail - I have created some folders down the left hand side of the display, and move e-mails that I want to keep into folders that have some relevance to the contents that I transfer, i.e. I have one named Aero Club, another with my wife's name, one to Keep etc. etc.

Yesterday, of the 6 folders that I created 3 were missing, gone, nowhere to be found, these happened to be the last 3 at the bottom of the list I had created.

My I.T. man suggested that they would be in "Storage Folders", a totally different set of folders that came across from my old computer, on the new one I started a new inbox/sent/drafts/deleted/junk etc.set of folders, and within the new Inbox option created the 6 new ones.

They aren't, but I eventually located them in the Recycle Bin !! So I elected to "Restore" them and they left the Recycle Bin - but didn't re-appear from whence they came.

So ........ where T.F. are they ?

Grrrrrr ! again.

Keef
15th Oct 2013, 08:06
The "remove from bin" bit of the restore worked, the "put them back where they were" bit didn't.

I repeat the advice: get out of that package asap or sooner!

Thunderbird "just works".

mixture
15th Oct 2013, 10:35
I repeat the advice: get out of that package asap or sooner!

The better advice to repeat would have been :

FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE,
WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN TO BACKUP

Aaah... that feels better.... :E

Guest 112233
15th Oct 2013, 20:12
Seconded

With weary furrowed brows.

CAT III

Guest 112233
15th Oct 2013, 20:17
When in Linux mode ! I have used this program to access my BT E Mails.

NB for us,the lowest form human of life - BT never did support the I-MAP set up, edit: for their "Home" users (although exhibited on Pube Tube) - miserable experience,on my old kit.

CAT III

ExSp33db1rd
16th Oct 2013, 07:49
WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN TO BACKUP

That's precisely why I asked how to on the other thread - been trying to back-up e-mails for years, totally unsuccessfully - and yes, some clues were forthcoming - thanks guys - just been too busy to play about since I received that advice last week.

I repeat - The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions !