PDA

View Full Version : Voyages Jules Verne to Vietnam

UniFoxOs
14th Oct 2013, 09:44
SIL (and breadwinner) is wanting to go to Vietnam for her next holiday and has been looking at VJV to go with. Trouble is they seem quite a bit cheaper than the other contenders and there are no recent reviews on t'internet so she is a bit dubious about using them.

Anybody travelled with them recently? If so any comments? You can PM me if you want to say something not for public consumption.

Ancient Observer
14th Oct 2013, 11:34
I looked at VJV and others for Vietnam & Cambodia. In the end, went with Riviera Travel due to a recommendation from a friend who did it about 18 months ago.
Spending that sort of money for a shortish holiday/vacation suggests to me that a recommendation is required.

jjfluk
14th Oct 2013, 15:21
Travel Indochina has great small group tours at a reasonable price

Hartington
14th Oct 2013, 15:47
Have look at Visit and Tour Vietnam | Inside Vietnam Tours (http://www.insidevietnamtours.com/). I used their sister company Visit and Tour Japan | Inside Japan Tours (http://www.insidejapantours.com/) for an individualised itinerary and it all worked very well.

Johnboy7319
14th Oct 2013, 16:56
Hi. I think VJV are owned by KUONI and have a reasonable reputation. I used them about 10 years ago in India and had a good trip. They tent to use 3 star hotels where others use 4star.

I have also used Wendy Wu to Indo China & China who provide a good product.

Hope they have a good trip.

ExXB
14th Oct 2013, 18:49
We were quite disappointed with JV a few years back on a Réunion, Mauritius holiday. I wouldn't recommend them. Last minute changes and poor recovery. (i.e. they couldn't really give a sh*t)

Ancient Observer
16th Oct 2013, 16:49
They couldn't give a sh*t?

Now there's a surprise. I am surprised that you are surprised.

Most of these travel Co.s could not give a **** about you, your partner, or anyone else that spends money with them.

Did I ever tell you about the travel agency/tour operator that received my cancelled flight money as per EU rules from Ezy and refused to pass it to me until I threatened them with the County Court?? .............and they are one of the allegedly "good guys".

ExXB
16th Oct 2013, 18:47
AO, I didn't say I was surprised - just disappointed as they were supposed to be 'a cut above'. They weren't.