PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Assistance Required

jaypatel
12th Oct 2013, 17:59
Dear Fellow Aviators,

my last day of flying was 18/05/2008 in canada then i came back to india for conversion i cleared my dgca exam in 2009 and got my RTR (P) based on canadian rt but due to some family issues i couldn't issue my indian cpl and was away from aviation field for almost 05 yrs but i m planning to come back to get my indian cpl but as soon as i saw dgca guidelines i was completely fainted becoz i have crossed 5 yrs flying requirements deadline so do i have to fly again for 200 hrs ????

kindly guide me through step by step in this messed up situation to get indian cpl

all suggestions and ideas are most welcome

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Jay

Kokpitt_Kopp_Krapp
13th Oct 2013, 05:28
Since you will need to write to your DCGA, try learning to write proper sentences using correct capitalisation and punctuation.

LOC-D
13th Oct 2013, 06:06
Unfortunately, you will have to do at least 200 hours more since it's been more than 5 years since your last flight. As of today, the only flight time that will be counted for issuance of your DGCA CPL will be any flights flown after 14/10/2008. Since all your flying was done before that date, it won't be considered for issuance of the CPL. If you do plan on flying for 200 hours more, remember that you will also need 100 hours PIC, 50 hours cross country, 40 hours Instrument etc within those 200 hours.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that your DGCA papers are about to lapse as well. As per the latest rule change, all DGCA exam results are valid for 5 years(used to be 2.5 years before). So your papers will lapse in 2014(depending on when you passed them in 2009). So if you do plan on flying all these hours, you need to make sure you finish them and submit your application before your papers lapse, or take your exams again. Same thing applies to your RTR(P). Check the validity period on that license. And goes without saying that you also have to renew your Canadian and DGCA first class medicals.

The DGCA also made a new rule last year that requires all pilots to do at least one set of skill checks in India(if you are getting both Single and Multi engine endorsements on your CPL, skill checks for at least one of the endorsements has to be done in India). So even if you do plan on completing the required hours in Canada, you still need to fly your skill checks in India.

Best of luck!

Little Birdie
13th Oct 2013, 06:59
i couldn't issue my indian cpl

What do you mean you couldn't issue your indian cpl? :}

jaypatel
13th Oct 2013, 07:28
That means career is over...:ugh:

VijayMallya
13th Oct 2013, 11:34
^Means couldn't pass the papers :hmm:

And they aren't as difficult as many of these kids on pprune will have you believe

LOC-D
13th Oct 2013, 12:27
^^

If you read his post properly, he mentions that he has passed his exams!

On a serious note, if you guys don't have anything constructive to say and all you can do is take cheap shots, you might as well keep your thoughts to yourself. You're not really being of any help here.

Little Birdie
13th Oct 2013, 12:38
On a serious note, if you guys don't have anything constructive to say and all you can do is take cheap shots, you might as well keep your thoughts to yourself. You're not really being of any help here.

On a more serious note I am seriously concerned about a pilot responsible for the lives of many who can't seem to tell 'I' and 'they' apart, seriously. :}

cyrilroy21
13th Oct 2013, 15:26
@jaypatel

What LOC D has mentioned is quite accurate . You need to meet all those requirements within the last 5 years

First and foremost you will need to renew the RTR license if its close to expiry . You can do this before or after flying the 200 hours ( save some hours for India as you need to do some hours in India as well )

Renew the DGCA class 1 medical first .

Also your DGCA papers need to be valid at the time application . You might have to pass the DGCA papers again . It upto you to decide whether or not you need them again

As per the new DGCA rules you need to give a skill test in India on atleast a single or multi aircraft . i recommend the single as multi is not easily available and is quite expensive
Multi Skill test can be done abroad provided single skill test is done in India
http://www.dgca.nic.in/circular/FCL1_2012.pdf

In order to fly in India you will need an FRTOL which will be issued by the DGCA on the basis of the RTR license

If you are looking for cheap flight school in the US i can recommend Ahart Aviation Services | Premier Flight School in Livermore (http://www.ahart.com)

Converting to an FAA license should be relatively easy from the Canadian License

Johny Boy
13th Oct 2013, 19:15
LOC-D

Unfortunately, you will have to do at least 200 hours more since it's been more than 5 years since your last flight. As of today, the only flight time that will be counted for issuance of your DGCA CPL will be any flights flown after 14/10/2008. Since all your flying was done before that date, it won't be considered for issuance of the CPL. If you do plan on flying for 200 hours more, remember that you will also need 100 hours PIC, 50 hours cross country, 40 hours Instrument etc within those 200 hours.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that your DGCA papers are about to lapse as well. As per the latest rule change, all DGCA exam results are valid for 5 years(used to be 2.5 years before). So your papers will lapse in 2014(depending on when you passed them in 2009). So if you do plan on flying all these hours, you need to make sure you finish them and submit your application before your papers lapse, or take your exams again. Same thing applies to your RTR(P). Check the validity period on that license. And goes without saying that you also have to renew your Canadian and DGCA first class medicals.

The DGCA also made a new rule last year that requires all pilots to do at least one set of skill checks in India(if you are getting both Single and Multi engine endorsements on your CPL, skill checks for at least one of the endorsements has to be done in India). So even if you do plan on completing the required hours in Canada, you still need to fly your skill checks in India.

Best of luck!

This and look at CAR's plus visit DGCA babu's desk periodically.
LOC-D , Nice crisp reply and matured one.:ok:

VijayMallya

^Means couldn't pass the papers

And they aren't as difficult as many of these kids on pprune will have you believe
Sir Vijay Mallya are you on high ? KFA re-starting dates please so THAT KIDS ON PPRUNE will take you seriously till then.:)

jaypatel
14th Oct 2013, 08:39
Thanks for nice and clear reply,

i will be following whole process as per your guidance..

Regards,

SV_741_India_Bravo
21st Oct 2013, 23:10
Hello,

I dont know how helpful this may or may not be.

A friend of mine had his US cpl. As you know, US cpl does not have any expiry date.

For his conversion the rule was 200 hrs in past 1.5 yrs (not India). he too took long to pass papers, etc. etc. about 3 yrs.

At the end he just took and showed his US cpl (no expiry date on it so it was an advantage) plus us logbook signed and stamped.

got license converted just after skill test.

I dont know about India, but those hours you flew in Canada still count around the world (one would assume). You have a Canadian CPL, which is CONVERTED to Indian CPL. You are not training in India. Your CPL should be issued as a recognition of another ICAO license, i.e. Canada. Then again I dont know how things are done in India. I know my students in USA had to comply with several DGCA requirements, so better to refer to someone logical inside the DGCA.

Instead of 200 hrs from fresh I would suggest if your Canadian license has an expiry date on it, just go back to Canada, get your license revalidated. If it has no expiry date, then just go to DGCA with proof of hours and original license. I dont think they can deny you a license on this basis, but again proceed with caution I dont know how things are in Indian DGCA.

Good luck.

To cyrilroy and seniors on this forum, does what I said sound logical? This guy already holds a CPL. If its not valid, he can revalidate it. On the basis of Canadian CPL, he should be issued an equivalent of DGCA. And for that, all of his previous flight experience whether 5 yrs back or 500 should count. Whats your opinion on this? I remember seeing people in USA bringing up old, old hours (more than 5-6 years) to meet requirements for CPL, ATPL.