PDA

View Full Version : Tailwind Airlines B-737 in the Mud

DouglasFlyer
11th Oct 2013, 09:47
ZRH/LSZH: After landing while taxiing to the gate a turkish Tailwind Airlines B-737 came off the taxiway and got stuck in the mud:

Boeing 737 bleibt im Rasen stecken - News Zürich: Region - tagesanzeiger.ch (http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/zuerich/region/Boeing-737-bleibt-im-Rasen-stecken/story/19406472)

20 Minuten - Boeing fährt auf Rasen und bleibt stecken - News (http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/news/story/Boeing-faehrt-auf-Rasen-und-bleibt-stecken-30135250)

deadcut
11th Oct 2013, 13:16
Must have been..... the Tailwind :E

lilflyboy262...2
11th Oct 2013, 13:19
It only took the first comment to say it.... Haha, not gunna lie, I was thinking it too.

silverstrata
11th Oct 2013, 19:44
Google translation of the German report:

Quote:
Motorists should know the problem: As soon as the grass a bit wet and muddy , it can happen that you get stuck . That , however, a huge Boeing 737 to fight with such a problem , is exceptional. But that's what happened this morning shortly before seven clock at Zurich airport .

"We are very normal and quiet landed. But then I saw the plane go off the runway", reports a CN reporter who was sitting in the ill fated bird. "Probably the pilot had missed a turn." The passengers would have to endure over an hour in the machine. "The pilot tried three times with plenty of power to get the plane out of its predicament. But the efforts did not help." Then fire and police were disengaged for Boeing. "We then had to leave the plane on the tarmac. All it took a lot of humor and had to laugh at the mistake".

Michael Stief, media spokesman for the Zurich airport , confirmed the incident : "This morning at 6:40 clock is a Boeing stuck 737 of the Turkish Tailwind airline after landing." According stepfather has the plane that came from Antalya on the way found towards the gate and arrived from the asphalt on the lawn." Why the pilot came off the taxiway must be examined now."
End quote:

Gunning the engines at full power while they are sucking in stones and dirt does not sound like a good idea to me, but then what would I know. Tailwinders are said to be top-guns....