View Full Version : BMI route

FlyingIrishman
7th May 2002, 19:57
Does anyone know if BMI still operate the EMA-FRA route? It used to be a twice daily service with ERJ145's. I only flew the route once quite a while back and load factors were cr@p, 15 passengers on the outbound flight and 7 on the return.

fokker70
8th May 2002, 08:21
You are right, the loads were not great (should have done well with the LH potential feed) however....that is the second time that they have given this route up. Maybe third time lucky....

Simon Lumley
9th May 2002, 09:26
Yes, the bmi regional EMA-FRA service was suspended on 12th March this year because apparently bmi said that sales had not grown to a profitable level.

But bmi are hypocrites.... for the start of summer 2001, bmi said that because the service was so, "popular" that it had increased frequencies to 3x daily at 0720, 1020 and at 1640... But since September 11th it had then been reduced back to 2x daily and was then obviously suspended.

It may well be re-introduced for winter 2002/3 because they have said it has been suspended and not axed as such... the same with the MAN-BRU service which was also suspened at the same time due to poor load factors.

However, another reason why I think the Frankfurt service was axed because bmi wanted increase frequencies to GLA, EDI, BHD etc. to compete with Go, and they did not have the aircraft or time to do it!!!

Desk Driver
9th May 2002, 12:21
But bmi are hypocrites.... for the start of summer 2001, bmi said that because the service was so, "popular" that it had increased frequencies to 3x daily at 0720, 1020 and at 1640... But since September 11th it had then been reduced back to 2x daily and was then obviously suspended.

Why are they Hypocrites?

September 11 destroyed almost every business plan in existance.
I completed my 3 year plan on September 5th and started a completely new one on September 15th.

Things Change my friend

Ian Farquharson
9th May 2002, 12:27
The route was chopped in March, find it hard to believe that a Star Alliance Airline (Bmi) cannot make a go of operating an Embrarer into Lufthansas Frankfurt hub.

BHX has three Lufthansa and four BA flights a day to Frankfurt and loads are consistantly high.

What hope for the rest of Bmi routes from EMA !!

Ian

flyingfrog
9th May 2002, 12:30
The route was stopped because of LH flights from BHX, they didn't want two Star airlines competing on a similar route.