PDA

View Full Version : TVSA or Moorabbin Flying Services?

aviator703
8th Oct 2013, 09:46
Looking to get my CPL but don't know where. I'm getting my PPL first at current flying school which is very close to home and very good. I have found affordable courses at both TVSA (Bacchus Marsh Airport) and MFS, but don't know which way to go. TVSA is about half the distance from home as MFS, around 15-20k cheaper, but I've seen a lot of smack about it on previous threads, and I'm assuming MFS has much better connections and is a much more credible school, probably worth the extra hours trip (or onsite accommodation) and higher price. As far as I know, my PPL hours count toward the MFS course, but unsure of TVSA. Bacchus Marsh Airport is also uncontrolled, so won't have much controller experience upon completion. Any help or other school suggestions is much appreciated!
:)

Nomde plume
8th Oct 2013, 10:57
Yes your PPL hours count, I'm assuming you're not on an integrated course? BSS is close enough to MB and EN that cta experience won't make much difference. After PPL that's your first step really if you haven't done so already. Have you looked at Pearson's at EN if quality CTA exposure is what you want?

CTAF skills are just as important and CTA skills as I can almost guarantee your first job won't be out of MB or EN unless you take the instructing path.

There are a lot of good schools around you may just have to try them out and check out the facilities.

Old Akro
8th Oct 2013, 23:13
The best school is the one with the instructor you like and has a teaching style that you relate to. Go to both. ask to meet some instructors. They will welcome the inquiry.