PDA

View Full Version : Bl***dY Yahoo. e-mails lost again!!!!

Old Photo.Fanatic
7th Oct 2013, 11:37
Wot the hell is Yahoo mail upto?
For the second time in recent months I have lost a full page of received e-mails
From 29 Aug to-date.
Last time this happened they were in my Trashfolder.
No such luck this time, no sign of them in any orther mail linked folders.
As I have not deleted anything recently I can only conclude its down to useless Yahoo.

Having reported it to Yahoo I can only hope they can be restored.

The only blessing is that I have a record of most of the important ones in my Sent folder, so I have their e-mail adresss etc.

I am now looking to change to another mail provider, any sugggestions as to a possible best choice?
Any feedback will be most appreciated.
With thanks
OPF

OFSO
7th Oct 2013, 12:18
I have a record of most of the important ones in my Sent folder,

Don't click on "would you like to compact your files now ?" in Outlook Express (XP version) as the last time I did this they were so compacted they were no longer there.

I also use gmail and so far - so far, mark you ! - they haven't lost anything. Set your system so everything is routed thru yahoo! and google so copies are kept on both.

P.S. I always recommended backing everything up on a local hard drive, in my case a LaCie. After five years, the LaCie has also failed to work. So there....

Fareastdriver
7th Oct 2013, 13:54
I've been with Gmail for eight years now. E mail notification through Google toolbar and an excellent spam filter. The new layout needs getting used to but no other problems, recommend them to anyone.