PDA

View Full Version : Question re Emirates A380 Seating

kaikohe76
7th Oct 2013, 07:35
Hi Folks,
Just a quick question re Business Class seating set up in Emirates A380s.

Travelling with Mrs K76, it looks as though, if we wsih to be seated together, which we do of course, we will need to go into the centre seats. It appears from the seat guides, that there are two seats ajacent to the window in any row, but these are very much offset. Another possible option, if we both wanted a window seat, would be to sit, one behind each other.

Any thoughts & suggestions, would be welcome.

Many thanks.

Cowtown
7th Oct 2013, 07:59
You have pretty much summed it up in your question. That's exactly how it is. I prefer the window seat, slightly more secluded from the aisle traffic. The only way to go side by side is in the centre. You can always head back to the bar during the flight, if you want a chat and a drink together. Enjoy the flight.

Mr Mac
7th Oct 2013, 20:11
Your options are just as Cowtown and yourself have said, it is one of the reasons Mrs Mac prefers to fly 777 when we are travelling together on EK, but if no other option we go for individual window seats and meet in the bar !.

kaikohe76
7th Oct 2013, 21:31
Cowtown & Mr Mac,

Thanks for your info.

Dryce
7th Oct 2013, 23:52
Basically as others and yourself have said.

If you want to travel as a couple the inner 2 seats in the central block are the only option. Otherwise you end up staggered one slightly behind the other or you end up one behind the other.

The aisle seats are not as good as the inner and window seats IMO. Seating is reasonably private in the inner pairs or window.

Personally if I was travelling as a couple I'd just bite the bullet and go with the inner pair option.

The bar at the back is a reasonable place to sit if not too busy. The ambience on the A380 is such that it's not too noisy and you can hold a decent conversation there (and the drinks service is better too).

kaikohe76
9th Oct 2013, 02:55
Thanks Dryce,

Always a toss up when going ALK to MAN, whatever way it,s a long journey. If Air NZ still had the HKG option I would look at that too, but definitely not if LAX or SFO are transit stops.
Previously we have used SQ a number of times, but have not used EK for three years or so. THought this would be the best way of having our first trip in the A380.

Thanks again for your suggestions & advice.

Dct_Mopas
10th Oct 2013, 20:07
K76,

Having flown MAN-AKL a fair few times I can highly recommend EK A380 business class. Always had a great service, just avoid those aisle seats if at all possible. Less privacy and not as long when the chair is extended out for sleep (the window/ centre seats have an extra foot or so worth of legroom so you can actually access your seat past the mini bar)

kaikohe76
12th Oct 2013, 02:58
Thanks Mopas, for the info.

Mr Mac
19th Oct 2013, 17:26
Kaikioe 76
Outbound last week with loud golf group in bar, and as late trip could not get normal seat, and would suggest you book seat away from there just on off chance having same experience. Otherwise good trip and service.

kaikohe76
20th Oct 2013, 08:52
Thanks Mr Mac,

Good point, I will bear that in mind, thanks again.