PDA

View Full Version : You tube no sound

Dan Gerous
6th Oct 2013, 10:36
I clicked the link in the thread on PPrune for the beefeater at the tower of London, and I could hear it. I followed the links to the other parts with this guy to you tube, but cannot get any sound, even on the one I just watched on pprune. Checked my saved music links, and no sound either. Any ideas what is happening?

TWT
6th Oct 2013, 11:05
Had the same problem .I found that all You Tube videos had the sound turned down in the actual viewer.Left click on the speaker icon at the bottom of the viewer window and slide the vertical white bar to the right.

Only started happening in the last 2 days.

Dan Gerous
6th Oct 2013, 11:18
Jeez what a dork (I am)! Thanks TWT, so obvious. :ok:

VC10man
6th Oct 2013, 11:23
Thank you as well, I have had this problem. Now solved!

TWT
6th Oct 2013, 11:37
It wasn't obvious to me at first ! It was the last thing I tried.Weird,because it has never been a problem until the last few days.All You Tube vids are opening mute.

dazdaz1
6th Oct 2013, 14:46
Same with me W7/Firefox

Totally ruined watching Bubbles Galor doing her fan dance:{

CelticRambler
6th Oct 2013, 15:21
Glad I'm not alone! I've spent several days trying to figure out what I might have done to automatically mute every video. Easily fixed on a case-by-case basie, but bloody annoying ...

TWT
6th Oct 2013, 21:40
I'm running W7/Firefox too.

seanbean
6th Oct 2013, 22:48
Had the same problem here too (W7/FF) - anybody any idea why this has started happening? Google shows this is happening to quite a few people, but no explanation as to why.

Sunnyjohn
7th Oct 2013, 10:30
Perhaps the neighbours have been complaining to You Tube about all those loud rock videos! :)

TWT
7th Oct 2013, 11:29
Caco won't be happy !

SpringHeeledJack
7th Oct 2013, 12:12
It's either a software glitch OR done with purpose to head off a lawsuit from some user. Perhaps they'll have a large banner in future proclaiming how "Sound can be loud!" to alleviate their legal duties :hmm:

SHJ

Saab Dastard
7th Oct 2013, 13:16
...to head off a lawsuit from some user. Perhaps they'll have a large banner in future proclaiming how "Sound can be loud!" to alleviate their legal duties

Already being done with personal mp3 players - the max. volume has been reduced, with some having an "override" that permits you to turn the volume up to real-world levels - at your own risk, of course.

Lots of complaints out there about this. Possibly from the very people who have already damaged their hearing...

SD

dazdaz1
9th Oct 2013, 14:19
This worked for me, W7/FF

Select Youtube vid, right click on the speaker symbol below the video, select 'settings', move the record (yes record) volume bar to max, close.

Seems to have sorted it, for me.

Daz

Nervous SLF
10th Oct 2013, 00:45
I also had the volume problem, Vista/Firefox and I also had to move the sound up manually. However just tried it again
and all is ok without me having to do anything.:ok:

TWT
10th Oct 2013, 05:01
Yes ! They have sorted it.

The Flying Pram
10th Oct 2013, 18:28
Glad I'm not the only one!