PDA

View Full Version : Mystery man saves lifeless baby...

glad rag
4th Oct 2013, 10:10
BBC News - Mystery man saves 'lifeless' baby from drowning (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-24388347)

Awesome, who ever you are Sir!! :D:D:D

KAG
4th Oct 2013, 10:27
Heard rumors Bernie LaPlante did it.

Alloa Akbar
4th Oct 2013, 10:35
Opening post seconded.. You are a true hero whoever you are :D:D:D

Evanelpus
4th Oct 2013, 14:10
It's stories like this that lift a persons heart and spirits.

I take my hat off to that man and wish him a long and very happy life. :ok:

airship
4th Oct 2013, 15:01
I take my hat off to that man and wish him a long and very happy life. :ok:

The BBC report says: She said she lost control of her car when she swerved to avoid a van...Police would like to speak to any delivery drivers who may have been in the area at the time, particularly a white food van with a green stripe around the bottom.

It would be nice to think that it was the "unknown driver of the white grocery van", who initially caused the accident yet saved Imogen (which might explain all the crying involved by the person doing the resuscitation) but had to scarper off before the police arrived, perhaps because he was "DUI" as our friends across the pond might descibe it, or even driving without a valid licence etc...?! :confused:

Evanelpus
4th Oct 2013, 15:08
It would be nice to think that it was the "unknown driver of the white grocery van", who initially caused the accident yet saved Imogen (which might explain all the crying involved by the person doing the resuscitation) but had to scarper off before the police arrived, perhaps because he was "DUI" as our friends across the pond might descibe it, or even driving without a valid licence etc...?!

Are you 100% sure that the guy who saved the baby was the driver of the white grocery van or are you just putting two and two together and coming up with five?

tony draper
4th Oct 2013, 15:54
Well done that man,:ok:
Read somewhere that newborn sprog instinctively shut down the breathing reflex when submerged in water,dunno at what age they lose this ability,perhaps that played a part in the wee mites survival as well.
:)

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
4th Oct 2013, 16:19
It sounds like the above mentioned reflex, Capt D.

Mammalian diving reflex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammalian_diving_reflex)

airship
4th Oct 2013, 16:20
Evanelpus wrote: Are you 100% sure that the guy who saved the baby was the driver of the white grocery van or are you just putting two and two together and coming up with five?

What I wrote was: It would be nice to think that... :zzz: :ugh:

tony draper
4th Oct 2013, 16:28
Here's a clip of that thing Mr Wanderer,I suppose because we spend the first nine months of our existence living underwater it should not really be a surprise,amazing to watch though.
:)
The Diving Reflex - Infant Babies Swimming Underwater - YouTube

Nick Riviera
4th Oct 2013, 16:44
Yep, it certainly exists. Both of my brood had their first swimming lessons at 4 months old. The instructor tested their diving reflex by splashing water at their faces and seeing the reaction. She said it was lost round about the 9-12 month mark.