PDA

View Full Version : brothersoft.com

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Oct 2013, 07:11
This site of android apps pops up now and again, although I have not to my certain knowledge used it.

Now I cannot rid it off my pooter.

Any ideas please?

Bushfiva
3rd Oct 2013, 07:43
Have you never downloaded anything from Brothersoft? It wraps its own installer around products, which prompts you to install a toolbar and other stuff.

If you're comfortable messing with your computer, you probably need to go to the control panel and uninstall anything by Brothersoft (careful if you have a Brother printer...), Conduit and/or Reviversoft.

Then in your browser you need to change the default search engine from conduit.com to whatever you prefer.

Beware of searching for solutions to this and similar issues: most of the top-listing sites on Google are bogus, offering boilerplate (and incorrect in detail) advice coupled with recommendations of tools to download, most of which are OK but one of which will be bogus.

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Oct 2013, 08:14
Thanks Bush, control panel doesn't show anything from brothersoft or the others you mention.

Bad news that these people can plonk a site just where and when they like.

TWT
3rd Oct 2013, 12:27
Not sure if this might help ? Quite a lengthy process it seems

How to remove Brothersoft Toolbar virus - MalwareEXPERTS ? MalwareEXPERTS (http://www.malwareexperts.com/how-to-remove-brothersoft-toolbar-virus/)

Bushfiva
3rd Oct 2013, 12:56
I rest my case. These guys will give generic help, but if you call them will want $150/$300 to continue the process.

PPRuNe Pop
4th Oct 2013, 12:41
I haave done everything I know to dislodge this unwated intrusion but to no avail.

I now know however, that the culprit that planted it on my machine was Google Play so be warned. It is attached to mostly android apps I reckon.

PPP

BOAC
4th Oct 2013, 13:57
Hi Pop - it is not clear from your post whether you are getting a page popup, an ad popup or a search intrusion?

seacue
4th Oct 2013, 14:22
Can System Restore help? Roll back the hands of time to a saner period :)

PPRuNe Pop
4th Oct 2013, 18:46
Hi BOAC,

It is a whole page pop up with many android apps. It was 'attached' to a site I use quite a lot. I have changed its staus and brothersoft cannot open - but it is still in here somewhere.

But how the hell do you get rid of it?

I have tried a full scan with Malware and done a search but it just hides!

Thanks for your help everyone.