PDA

View Full Version : Observers RNAS Culdrose

OBERON
25th Feb 2001, 20:29
I have recently enquired about the observer's jobs advertised with the jetstream squadron operatring from RNAS Culdrose. I know my experience may not be what was required but, can anybody tell me what the requirements for the job are? SERCO were a bit short on information when I contacted them and I got the impression that, despite the advert offering the "potential" vacancies, you've got to be in the job to get it, so to speak. Any info welcomed.

BIGBAD
27th Feb 2001, 05:38
The SERCO observer jobs you refer to are observer instructor jobs on 750 NAS. I know this because I completed the basic observer course at 750 NAS last year. Since you are asking about what these jobs involve I can tell you you're not qualified for it. SERCO are looking for ex-RN officers who were qualified as observers.

The FAA observers are tactical helicopter controllers. They are all qualified in either the ASW, AEW (bagger scum) or ASUW (lynx twats), naviagating their helicopters over open ocean and many other wonderful things.

It you fancy becoming an observer check out the RN web site (you must be under 26yrs).

Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------
I'd rather be in Florida (honest !!!!)

OBERON
3rd Mar 2001, 21:25
Thanks for the info. You're right I'm not qualified but SERCO really didn't make it at all clear in the job advert. In fact they gave no details of requirements or details of the work. I hope those that do get the jobs enjoy it and I'll just keep looking for a job down in the West Country.