PDA

View Full Version : Brave ATC cadet has leg amputated.

air pig
2nd Oct 2013, 16:36
Yes, I know it's the Daily hate but anyone got a contact at Hedley Court. The ATC/CCF help the armed forces and in many areas they are the only manifestation of the armed forces, maybe just maybe they could help her out. It takes courage to have your leg amputated electively.

'Having my foot amputated was the best decision I've ever made': Air Cadet, 15, endured years of agonising pain due to club foot - but can now walk again | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2441484/Having-foot-amputated-best-decision-Ive-Air-Cadet-15-endured-years-agonising-pain-club-foot--walk-again.html)

NutLoose
2nd Oct 2013, 16:43
What an inspiration.

tezzer
2nd Oct 2013, 18:23
Venture Adventure. Held true long before I started in 1972 and holds true now it seems, brave Cadet.

tezzer
2nd Oct 2013, 18:30
In a fit of something, I just pledged the remainder of the money she needed on the just giving page.

I got more than that out of my years in the ATC, go girl, GO !

NutLoose
2nd Oct 2013, 20:46
Good man, :D:D:D

on to phase two to get her up to her total

Courtney Mil
2nd Oct 2013, 21:22
When I first read the thread title, I had mixed feelings. Then I read the DM article. What an amazing girl. Yes, I know there are a thousand worthy causes, but this one touches my heart.

A link to the giving page, anyone?

How about the RAF offers some encouragement too?

air pig
2nd Oct 2013, 22:00
Courtney Mil,

At the bottom of the DM article.

AGS Man
3rd Oct 2013, 05:49
What an inspiration, donation added.... Damn dust storm blowing up!

air pig
3rd Oct 2013, 12:23
Totally and utterly unashamed bounce up.

Courtney Mil
3rd Oct 2013, 14:56
Thanks air pig.

www.justgiving.com/local/project/HarrietsFundraisingPage/ (http://www.justgiving.com/local/project/HarrietsFundraisingPage/)

:ok:

air pig
4th Oct 2013, 15:52
Bounced up again.

SOSL
5th Oct 2013, 20:38
Atta girl!!

I am old RAF but I want to say that you and all those in the Air Training Corps are not just, like us - you are part of us.

Respect SOS

Agatha
7th Oct 2013, 13:14
Spot on SOSL!... and having met Harriet's Cadet Warrant Officer at a dinner on Saturday, the support she is receiving from the wider RAF Family is very, very much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who has posted messages of support or who have generously contributed via justgiving to her 'prosthetic limb' fund. :ok:

This is what the RAF does best - we look after our own! :D

tezzer
21st Nov 2013, 14:05
Had an email last night, saying that Harriet had made her total, and then the £70 I donated dissapeared from my bank account, brave girl. Inspiriational.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
21st Nov 2013, 15:17
For a number of years I taught a girl who had lost a lower leg . The prosthetic limbs, especially the 'social' one, make a big difference to self-esteem for a teenage girl.
Well done everyone!