PDA

View Full Version : Riyadh EX PATS

Perrin
2nd Oct 2013, 05:28
Just wondering how many if any ex pats, Usa and other nationals are working with Saudia in Riyadh, was there for 5 years from 1982. Did the Saudia's take over the engineering work as it was a big program at the time?

Keep them up boys Peter Perrin

grounded27
3rd Oct 2013, 20:55
I ran into an American expat in Jeddah in 2000 during Hajj. He started in the early 80s late 70s. He went with a family with the intention of returning home in 5 years and buying the dream home etc etc. 5 years later the family went home, he stayed. Only Saudi MGT, Techs were still imported from mostly Europe, he was the only remining one from the USA. That is a long time to live in Rose City.

Velcroworm
25th Oct 2013, 08:08
Haven't had much contact with our old colleagues from RUH, (Apart from one who remains a great friend). but I understand that the station is all locals now. I'm certainly not aware of any expats who were there in the 80s still being there.

bcgallacher
25th Oct 2013, 12:45
I cannot say that I miss the place much -Riyadh was not really a place you would choose to be.It served its purpose,I made a couple of friends and met my wife there,made a bit of money so I suppose I should be grateful.