View Full Version : Ema Hot Gossip!!!!!!!!!

Simon Lumley
7th May 2002, 10:03
Just thought you would like to know that Britannia are basing a Boeing 767-300 and Boeing 757: MyTravel are basing Airbus A320 and A321: Air 2000 with Airbus A321: jmc with Airbus A320

bmibaby are currently using the Fokker 100 for weekday flights to Murcia, Prague and Faro. Though, i've just heard that EMA-PRG flights will jump to 6x week from the winter and will be on a Boeing 737-300 - apparently because over 50% of seats have already been sold this summer for each flight

According to My Travel's Summer 2003 brochure, they're to take an aircraft out of EMA and replace it with JKKs for its flights.. Bristol will see a new flight to Almeria.

Britannia have introduced Kefalonia and Madeira for summer 2003 from EMA.

Air 2000 have introduced EMA- Reus and Malta... action-packed summer 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Simon Lumley
9th May 2002, 09:43
East Midlands is almost certainly the UK's fastest growing airport now.

bmibaby have just launched 6 new routes to Munich, Milan (Bergamo), Geneva, Alicante, Copenhagen, Lyon with 4x B733s based by the winter... Prague is their best selling route and will see a 68% increase in capacity for the winter with 6x flights per week on a B737-300.

Go will shortly announce up to six new routes to get in-line with its Bristol operations and keep up the pace with bmibaby. They may go head-to-head with bmibaby because Go do fly these routes.

My prediction is that GO wil launch Belfast International 2x daily, Rome and perhaps Barcelona.. increased frequency is very likely to Malaga, Alicante and Prague because load factors on these routes are almost 95%.

And it is likely that Glasgow and Edinburgh will go 3x daily to compete with bmi regional.

Not forgetting bmi regional... they may well launch Dusseldorf for business in-time for bmibaby's Munich route, Frankfurt may be re-introduced and increased frequencies to EDI, BRU, GLA is likely because according to their website most of htese flights are going full everyday!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian Farquharson
9th May 2002, 12:34
I flew Bmi Baby to Nice at Easter for £65 return and was very impressed with both the airline and EMA.
However, the flight was only about two thirds full and I notice that the Summer 2003 holiday brochures are taking seats on various Bmi Baby flights, so this makes me think that things may not as rosy as Bmi are saying.

What happens to Go if EasyJet take control, cannot see EasyJet having bases at LTN, STN, LGW, BRS, LPL and EMA, time will tell.

Low cost carriers do not seem to be having adverse effect on BHX routes, indeed BA/Maersk have launch six new routes - Nice, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Venice, Athens & Geneva.

Ian

Little Blue
11th May 2002, 17:05
:D :D :D
..Golly gee, Simon, thanks !!
This confirms what we already suspected.
Spotter of the year is yours for the taking !! ;) ;)

Little Blue
11th May 2002, 17:15
bmibaby is expanding its routes, because the demand is there.
Loads are better than anyone could ever have expected and the only way is up !
IF Easyjet acquire Go, then do you think that baby will just roll over?
No, didn't think so.
As has been said time and again, there is room for two lost cost carriers at EMA and the loads for both operators reflect this.
EMA has certainly made huge strides in the last 10 years, and is unrecognisable from the EMA that I first worked in, 14 years ago.
Here's to the future, for all !(..even the Orange boys !)

possible ATCO
11th May 2002, 20:24
aye simon and all the time you were giving it chugchugchugchugchugchugchug