PDA

View Full Version : job wanted

navy pilot
28th Sep 2013, 14:35
dear all
flying seaking in indian navy. i am posted as commanding officer and am a qualified flying instructor. I have flown 4000 hrs on all types with an experience of 2500 on seaking helicopters. I am holder of CHPL license and looking for a job in Australia/New zealand. My expertise lie in flying from ships and oil rigs by day and night. I have trained about 90 pilots on various types including armament, close formation, NVG operations, anti submarine warfare, cargo operations and advanced SAR.
would be extremely grateful if some openings for being employed a helicopter pilot be kindly informed to me.
regards
navy pilot

tottigol
28th Sep 2013, 23:52
Have you tried Global Vectra?

carsickpuppy
29th Sep 2013, 03:59
Namaskar Navy Pilot, if you want to fly/work in New Zealand/Australia, you'll likely need a pilot's license from one of those countries and then there are probably some immigration issues to deal with. Unfortunately your experience, although broad, will not be enough. Good luck.

Kelly Hopper
29th Sep 2013, 04:57
No-one in Australasia will look at employing anyone without the right to live and work there. Go through that process ( costly and time consuming) and you have a foot in the door. Then you will need a local licence so a conversion is on the cards. Be prepared to spend $$$ doing this.
Now you "can" be employed but with no local experience unless you have powerful friends down under I fear you best chance would be R22 mustering outback for pennies. Good luck anyway.

Arm out the window
29th Sep 2013, 05:29
A job with the Australian defence forces might be possible, with your background.

They have taken quite a lot of experienced people from a number of different countries in the past, although you'd have to go through various levels of assessment prior to being assured a job.

I haven't looked closely at the requirements, but as I recall there was a requirement to be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship and to do so within a couple of years if you were to be taken on as part of the permanent defence force.

mustering guru
29th Sep 2013, 05:47
Kelly Hopper

No chance of a forign ex millatary pilot just getting a mustering job to get pennies. Much more to it I'm afraid!

MG

JetX
29th Sep 2013, 21:48
Navy Pilot,

Here is a link to BOEING Defence Australia. There are jobs on here from time to time with contract military jobs in the QFI field.

Boeing Defence Australia jobs at Boeing (http://jobs-boeing.com/careers/boeing-defence-australia-jobs?ss=paid)

Also go to Find jobs in the Navy, Army and Air Force - Defence Jobs Australia (http://www.defencejobs.gov.au) and peruse the aviation section of the services. You may be elegible for lateral transfer, if not I know that the New Zealand Defence force currently have lateral transfers available for Navy Pilots and also Air Force Pilots.

Here is the link.

Overseas Applicants | Defence Careers (http://www.defencecareers.mil.nz/how-to-join/overseas-applicants)

Also try BECKER Helicopters in Queensland, Australia. They are recruiting heavily for ex-military QFI's.

Becker Helicopters (http://www.beckerhelicopters.com)

As others stated, you will need to get the right to live and work in Aus, however you may get sponsored under a 457 Visa.

Go to the CASA website to look at converting your licence to an Australian CPL or alternatively look at the NZ CAA website to convert your licence to a NZ one.

Good Luck.

topendtorque
29th Sep 2013, 22:02
No chance of a forign ex millatary pilot just getting a mustering job to get pennies. Much more to it I'm afraid!

In fact ex military of any sort were the hardest to get over the line. In the hundreds of pilots that went through our outfit there were only ever two ex military jocks, but both were excellent. Right about the pennies tho, that's why there is bugger all mustering drivers around with more than a couple thousand hours these days - they're all gone to Canada or somewhere once they get the minimums. I think the ones with high hours left behind, must be some kind of loons??
tet

Capt.Gonzo
30th Sep 2013, 12:23
Hi,

anyone here gone the route from foreign military pilot to Aussie military pilot?

Thomas coupling
30th Sep 2013, 13:57
I think he's gone.............:rolleyes:

Arm out the window
30th Sep 2013, 21:10
Hi Gonzo, not me personally, but I know of quite a few who've undergone what they call lateral recruitment, from various countries (primarily England and New Zealand, but some from US, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malaysia).

I had a quick glance on the Australian Defence Force (ADF) recruiting website, and at the moment the RAAF were only asking for fighter pilots or multi-engine qualified test pilots.

The RAN and Army operate helicopters and it might be worth having a look at their requirements and registering interest.

Part of our training is done under civilian contract too, so if you're a QFI you could look at possible employment with contracting companies. There's a project to revamp the entire ADF flying training system going (some would say dragging) on at the moment, and I imagine opportunities will spring up when that's eventually finalised ... could be a few years yet though at the rate it's going.

nomorehelosforme
30th Sep 2013, 21:21
Seems a huge transition, immigration issues been the first hurdle? Then compliance? Even with great experience I think this will take a lot of work to overcome or move forward with.