PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Airlines Details

stormywx
7th May 2002, 08:26
Hi,

Could anyone currently working for Impulse/QFLink provide me with an idea on...

1. Pay
2. Conditions
3. Flying Hours per Month
4. Away from home time
5. Time to promotion

Thanks!

ditzyboy
7th May 2002, 23:31
Pay is great seeing as we are single a/c endorsed and 'the product' consists of throwing boxes at people (hehehe).

Conditions are pretty cool. Company is small enough to solve any issues you have quickly... ie. you can speak to the person with whom you need to speak then and there and get everything sorted.

Away time varies... I had 12 away nights last month - only six this month. Hours vary too. 140 per month max DUTY hours. Time on layovers varies too. I had 27 hideous hours in Hobart once. We used to have 24 hours by the pool in OOL. Our minimum is 10 - 12 hours rest depending on the duty.

Time to promotion is very quick if you are suitably qualified and have a nice attitude. There are people how have been with us for say four months that are doing recruiting / service stuff. These are mainly ex AN people. So if you have the experience it does get noted.

Colleagues are brilliant! Everyone I know not only get on with the job but we all generally have a great time doing it. Also for the most part the customers are OK as far as they go. There is always exceptions to this rule, however!

One sore point.... I am dreading the return for four sector SYD-OOL days later this month. Hideous! I am sure I am not alone with that one :-)

To apply go to http://www.impulse.com.au under the 'employment section'

stormywx
8th May 2002, 02:24
Thanks very much for that ditzy!