PDA

View Full Version : Delta Jumpseat LGW - CVG

PFO
25th Feb 2001, 18:51
Hi,

I know it is a long shot but I am taking DL37 from Gatwick on 29th March 12.00 hours to Cincinnati and wondered if any Delta crews out there can help me with a jumpseat for T/O and landing.

Cheers

PFO

VFE
25th Feb 2001, 18:57
I stand to be corrected here but I believe that it is against Fed regs for anyone to travel in the jumpseat unless a pilot within that airline. Not sure if that only applies in US airspace though.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate.

Have a good trip though and I hope you find a decent school in Indianapolis - I would imagine there should be a few.

Take care, VFE.

Flare_you_fool!
25th Feb 2001, 22:15
Sorry,
It's against the regs while in flight, they may let you up there before you get going, if your interested!
Regards
FYF

Low_and_Slow
26th Feb 2001, 00:50
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">I stand to be corrected here but I believe that it is against Fed regs for anyone to travel in the jumpseat unless a pilot within that airline. Not sure if that only applies in US airspace though.
</font>
Applies worldwide. Pilot's on other US carriers are also allowed, subject to restrictions in the airline's op-specs.

As someone else said: you can likely get a visit while still at the gate if they are not too busy and you ask nicely (or even better, if there is a long delay for pushback and everyone is sitting waiting...)