PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?Water companies who add fluoride to water (Northumbrian Water being one)

dazdaz1
27th Sep 2013, 15:22
From another site............."Water companies who add fluoride to water (Northumbrian Water being one) will supply you with bottled water & charge the cost to your local Health Authority.
You have to put it in writing to them first"

I presume the water for cooking/drinking, bog standard (no joke) for the loo.

dubbleyew eight
27th Sep 2013, 15:37
fluoridated water does not cause you any harm.

dentists in queensland can tell immediately which kids come from unfluoridated water supply areas from the higher number of cavities in the teeth.

500N
27th Sep 2013, 16:21
Didn't do me any harm in the UK for the first 17 years.
In fact, probably did me heaps of good.

MG23
27th Sep 2013, 16:30
There do seem to be a tiny fraction of the population whose bodies react badly to flouridated water. But when I look at my older brother missing half his teeth while I have all of mine despite half of them needing fillings when I was a teenager, I can't help but feel it's a big benefit for the majority.

con-pilot
27th Sep 2013, 16:34
We've had fluoridated water in the US for as long as I can remember.

dazdaz1
27th Sep 2013, 16:57
"Didn't do me any harm in the UK for the first 17 years" What happened in the 18th year?:eek:

500N
27th Sep 2013, 17:02
I moved to Australia :O

(and wasn't 100% sure when I typed it that we had
Fluoride in the water here).

Sunnyjohn
27th Sep 2013, 17:03
Not quite:
′tap into′ water is being bottled by Northumbrian Water to promote drinking tap water for a healthy life. The bottles are available to charity groups and not for profit groups.
The scheme has been a huge success and to date over 800,000 bottles have been donated to more than 2,000 charities and community organisations.
From Northumbrian Water's website.

unstable load
27th Sep 2013, 18:43
When I was a youngster a mate's parents had him on Zymaflour and his gnashers are sadly, in far better nick than mine, which didn't get any supplements.

mixture
27th Sep 2013, 18:49
dazdaz1,

Tell me my friend. What do you brush your teeth with ? :E

tony draper
27th Sep 2013, 19:08
Had you announced in 1960 that at the dawn of the new century people would walk into shops and pay 50p for a bottle of tap water they would have picked up the phone and summoned the chaps in white coats who would have carted you orf to the lollypop farm, and rightly so.
:uhoh:

John Marsh
27th Sep 2013, 19:22
con-pilot:
We've had fluoridated water in the US for as long as I can remember. How long's that then con?:}:}