PDA

View Full Version : career in the industry

jimmy_jo
7th May 2002, 07:16
I am currently in my last year of an Aviation (operations management) degree at university in Australia. I would love to end up in a major international airline but i realise that i need experence in the industry before any of them would consider me.

Would looking for a job in a GA company help me at all or would i be better off focusing on small RPT airlines?

Alternatively, would doing another degree (say Law, for example) help me at all?

Thanks heeps for any advice that u could give>

RED WINGS
7th May 2002, 17:33
I would recommend trying to get work with a handling agent in your spare time to gain experience. Although i would advise against working with larger airlines as the pay is very poor and you get treated like dirt

However if you can score a job with GA FBO/Handling agents you will not only gain great experiance on both the ramp but in all areas of a/c ops, and even better loads of contacts to score that first job and i found a better career in GA and have little wish to fly for a major airline.

give it a go all the best with the future

bendragon
8th May 2002, 10:21
You should try www.aviationjobsearch.com. I found a job using this site.

Much better than sending your CV to prospective employers or agencies. I got a job (current job) after using this site.