PDA

View Full Version : First/Concorde Lounge Gets a Hammering

strake
26th Sep 2013, 03:50
Whilst browsing the Wail site for something to get outraged about, this popped-up.
Oh dear....gritted teeth in Waterside this morning.

British Airways First Class Executive lounge food safety gets poor rating | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2432111/British-Airways-First-Class-Executive-lounge-food-safety-gets-poor-rating.html)

ExXB
26th Sep 2013, 09:22
Their experience of Gordon Ramsey's in t5 is similar to mine. I would spend my money there again.

lomapaseo
26th Sep 2013, 14:50
OTOH how was the booze?

strake
26th Sep 2013, 15:04
In bottles and alcohol so probably quite safe...:p

Pilotinmydreams
26th Sep 2013, 16:17
I found Ramseys in T5 excellent - great service and the food was fantastic. I'm there again next month so will be paying it a visit for sure

Saintsman
26th Sep 2013, 19:30
I was sick on the aircraft earlier this year. I never associated it with a visit to the First Lounge, but now I'm not so sure.

The quality of the food on display has not been particularly impressive since the new caterers took over. In fact the whole experience hasn't been as good and on the Flyertalk website, there are numerous threads about it and a lot of unhappy customers.

Really BA should have had it sorted by now.

Heathrow Harry
27th Sep 2013, 09:56
there is no difference from the stuff in the Business Lounge - mass catering at it's worst

PAXboy
27th Sep 2013, 21:51
Saintsman... since the new caterers took over.At least we can be sure that, with such a high profile facet of their business, BA mgmt did not try to get in new caterers that would save money.