PDA

View Full Version : IL 2 Sturmovik: WW2 Combat Simulator (computer game).

Ignition Override
7th May 2002, 05:26
Greetings all-don't know which forum is best for this. Pardon my interjection into this one.

This amazingly realistic computer game(s) from "Ubi Soft", is difficult to describe.

Anyway, the game box states at the top on the back of the box "31 flyable WW2 aircraft". As for high-performance planes, my main menu seems to only have the IL2, a Yak fighter and the ME-109 and FW-190, which have surprising graphics and characteristics+options.

But are there no others available on my game, as implied on the box and at the top of the manual, page 87: "WW2 veterans (consulting and tests) ...Georg Adam Bf-109G-6, Bf-110...Me-262)...Monroe O. Wiliams (P-47 and P-51)..." On page 85, they state that "our development team" used flight manuals for the previously mentioned fighters + the Kingcobra and Pe-2, Ju-88 bombers etc-could these others be only for use on the superb demo scenes? I wish I could spot the enemy planes/targets faster and ...

So are the choices limited to the basic four or five aircraft types? Any e-mail or response is welcome. Thank you, spasibo, vielen Dank.

eeper
7th May 2002, 10:52
I suspect this post will soon find its way to the Computer section...

To answer your question: The planes that you list are indeed the only flyable ones, but there are rumours of expansion packs either from Maddox themselves or from third party contributors. The 31 flyable aircraft types refer to different variants of the main aircraft - a bit of a cheat, but still correct.

The flight manuals for the other aircraft were probably used to ensure that the performance of computer controlled aircraft matched that of the real thing as closely as possible.