PDA

View Full Version : Bristow bird West Coast of Scotland?

Thrust Augmentation
25th Sep 2013, 13:49
I've been seeing what look like Bristow helicopters traveling East/West & vice versa over Fort William once a week or so, with nothing showing on any of the tracking sites. Pretty sure that I've seen both S-92's & Puma's.

Anybody know anything as Bristow are not a regular sight over here at all?

Thanks.

Hot_LZ
25th Sep 2013, 16:19
Not too sure if they are following an East/West Track. They may be SAR related?

There are a few flights every week for the newer guys doing their aircraft conversions. I know quite alot of guys like to take a look out that way on their way between Inverness and Glasgow or vice versa.

LZ

Thrust Augmentation
25th Sep 2013, 18:53
Possibly not E/W as you suggest, on further consideration it's more likely along the Great Glen or even North/South.

It's doesn't appear to be SAR related, these are pretty frequent over here & are almost without exception Sea Kings or Bristow Coastguard S-92's. Lossie, Gannet & Stornoway helicopters all approach from their own familiar directions, but these Bristow helicopters appear to be on an almost regular route?

Thanks.

Hot_LZ
26th Sep 2013, 18:21
Quite likely to be the conversions in that case. If weather allows it is quite nice to fly VFR from Glasgow - Inverness or the other way. The alternative is IFR up at FL nose bleed.

Thrust Augmentation
26th Sep 2013, 20:31
Thanks for the input people.