PDA

View Full Version : China Eastern - Biz class

Riccal
25th Sep 2013, 09:39
Hi all,
Flying Shanghai to Singapore on CE565 in a couple of weeks.
Looks like a 763 operating.
Anybody any experience - looking at some of the pictures seems a bit ropey to me - looks like a big screen at the front for IFE.
Anyone flown this or experienced the aircraft operated by CE?
Cheers
Riccal

Hotel Tango
25th Sep 2013, 11:55
Hmm, not absolutely sure, but I thought they didn't operate 767s anymore. Is it a code share operated by some other airline?

Hotel Tango
25th Sep 2013, 12:19
Further investigation reveals that, following a merger a few years ago, it could well be that they are B767s of Shanghai Airlines operating for China Eastern. Despite the merger, it would appear that Shanghai continue to operate under its own identity. So, your 767 might well be in Shanghai livery. If you google accordingly, you may find more information under Shanghai Airlines.

strake
25th Sep 2013, 14:53
Yes, I have flown China Eastern - about 18 months ago internally in China. The crew were delightful. I flew business on my out trip and the service was comparable to US Domestic First. On my return, I flew economy due to a travel agent mistake. Again, the crew were fine, the passengers..well, they ranged from the woman next to me who spoke English and decided to tell me what a s**t her husband was, didn't love her, wasn't intelligent enough, their marriage was over etc. The husband in question was in the window seat...
Other passengers were hawking, snorting, shouting and so on - much like in hotels and restaurants.
At least you're going in the right direction. Singapore is just perfection.
Enjoy.

Riccal
26th Sep 2013, 11:47
Thanks HT - sorry for delay in replying been away from computer for a while.
Will investigate on that basis and see what I see.
Cheers
Riccal

Riccal
26th Sep 2013, 11:48
Cheers Strake - for 5 hours on a plane sometimes it doesnt really matter but just wondered what to expect. Was on that leg before but with another carrier so just curious.
I do love Singapore - bit clinical and I like my SEA cities to have a bit of grit about them but still great fun.
Cheers
Riccal