PDA

View Full Version : New London Heliport

Manchester
24th Sep 2013, 17:50
Helitech 2013: New London heliport established - News - Shephard (http://www.shephardmedia.com/news/rotorhub/helitech-2013-new-london-heliport-established/)

PremiAir plans to formally rebrand the Blackbushe site as the new West London Heliport ... Blackbushe is some 65km from central London.

Michael O'Leary must be sharing his skills with a wider world.

SilsoeSid
24th Sep 2013, 19:31
At least it's closer than London Oxford Airport :ok:

London Oxford (Kidlington) Airport EGTK/OXF (http://www.oxfordairport.co.uk)

Fareastdriver
24th Sep 2013, 20:14
Once upon a time trooping flights to the Far East used to leave from Blackbushe.

TipCap
24th Sep 2013, 20:34
That shows how long you have been around, fareast. Longer than me even :ok: but at least in your part of the world you can still fly as long as you remain fit!!

KiwiNedNZ
24th Sep 2013, 20:59
Curious how they can call it the West London Heliport when like a previous post said its 65km from downtown London.

Winniebago
25th Sep 2013, 07:55
Mmmm, I suspect we'll now have Denham called North West London Heliport, Elstree - North London Heliport, Stapleford-North East London Heliport, Damyns Hall - East London Heliport, Biggin Hill - South East London Heliport and Redhill-South London Heliport. Perhaps White Waltham and Fairoaks can jump in there as 'Little bit closer to West London Heliport' too. And that excludes plenty of private landing sites elsewhere around London. All of which are closer to central London of course.

Really???? Going to pop in for a nice cup of Nespresso at Blackbushe International next time you're on your way into town? For £250K, they'll have some comfy sofas.

helihub
25th Sep 2013, 08:52
Premair boss said yesterday that it would be "one third of the price of landing and parking at Battersea and have all the FBO facilities you would expect." A number of people at the presentation wondered what new facilities were being made available that were not already available. Google maps tells me Blackbushe to Hyde Park Corner is 56km not 65km, but that's still a long way!

ShyTorque
25th Sep 2013, 09:09
They're missing a trick here. How about a "green input":

A row of "Boris bikes" to complete the short journey into the City?

JimBall
25th Sep 2013, 12:23
So pilots working for "re-invigorated" PremiAir will no doubt be issued with new, exclusive charts that show North Hampshire to be a part of West London.
White Waltham has more of a claim to "West London" than Blackbushe.
Another one for the WOFTAM file.

fairflyer
25th Sep 2013, 16:07
When I saw the header 'New London Heliport' I got all excited for a moment, then didn't know whether to laugh or cry - Blackbushe?! For goodness sake give it a break. It's an easier run from here at Fairoaks. How extraordinarily stupid. Last I heard, even if they did offer a windscreen wiping service on arrival, mints and a cup of tea (!!!!) they don't actually have anyone there anymore to do it.

If it made any sense to go in there to go to London, people would have been using the likes of Air Hanson, Lynton Aviation, PremiAir - whatever they've been for the last 30 years already for that purpose - and they haven't.

Completely mad. Even Battersea isn't 'central' central London, suggest they rename that the 'Barclays - we're closer than you are, west of centre London Heliport'.

Cheaper fuel here by the way - if you are on your way into the big smoke.

Manchester
25th Sep 2013, 16:31
Don't be too hard on them - it does sound better than the East Basingstoke Helipad

nomorehelosforme
25th Sep 2013, 17:44
Blackbushe junction 4a M3, or then a choice, M25 junction 12,or the A316, from Fairoaks, Moments from junction 11 M25 then M4, if flying in a VIP 1st option Battersea if money unlimited, Fairoaks would be second option however good the coffee at Blackbuhe apparently!

Wycombe
26th Sep 2013, 08:11
Well, some are using it, Dubai Air Wing very much in evidence yesterday as I drove by.

Will "Rainbow" move back though?

Phoenix have also put a new HQ up at the Terminal end in the last few weeks.

Winniebago
26th Sep 2013, 08:57
Err, do you really think Sheikh Mo goes into Blackbushe to go into London by road?!

Brilliant Stuff
26th Sep 2013, 09:28
Well I for one hope it will be raging success!!!

Then Mr.Avery can pay the outstanding pension contributions he owes his employees / former employees who had made his company such a crown jewel.

aeromys
26th Sep 2013, 11:02
There are London airports everywhere, maybe it's time for a London Glasgow :-)

London Ashford (http://www.lydd-airport.co.uk/)

Though I can't knock them, it's the only place to get fuel down there. And a bun at the 'Biggles Cafe' with lovely views of Dungeness :ooh: