PDA

View Full Version : Hunting for the right Instructor / School

Fatboy99
23rd Sep 2013, 06:54
G'day Gents / Ladies,

Could any of you recommend a worthwhile school / instructor to assist me in finishing off my M.E. CIR? I would like to go to bankstown as they seem conveniently located, but would consider Camden. AS a matter of fact, I'll go out of state if necessary to get to a school / instructor that's good.

I have a South African ATPL -I've done the exams (Cpl air law, Atp air law, HF, IREX) - done the medical, got the certificate of validation and an ASIC card. I have sufficient hrs. What I need is a school that can help me prepare for the flight test.

In essence I know that theoretically just about any school is authorised to do the training....but the devil is in the detail - plain and simple there are good schools and bad schools. Good Instructors and well....not so good ones! And in time I've come to appreciate that though experience means a lot for an instructor, that's not the end-all and be-all of it. A instructor that actually WANTS to be an instructor and has a positive attitude means a lot more to me.

Your input is much appreciated, tx all!!

mcgrath50
23rd Sep 2013, 07:06
Peter Bini Advanced Flight Training at YMMB, Steve is booked out months in advance as he's extremely popular.

If you want to stay in Sydney Whitworth Aviation is a good choice.

I heard good things about the mob up in Port Macquarie but have no personal experience with them.

Fatboy99
23rd Sep 2013, 07:32
Tx McGrath50, I'll give them a shout and see how we go. I called Clamback and Hennesy, sounded like a good outfit too.

Ultralights
23rd Sep 2013, 10:20
i think Red Baron can do a MECIR in a real nice Duchess out of YSBK