PDA

View Full Version : NTL to double terminal

BNEA320
23rd Sep 2013, 05:57
Newcastle Airport to double terminal capacity | Australian Aviation Magazine (http://australianaviation.com.au/2013/09/newcastle-airport-to-double-terminal-capacity/)

& try & attract international services to NZL ?

regarding last paragraph ...

" Newcastle Airport’s first venture into international services was in 2003 when it developed temporary facilities to accommodate international services by Air New Zealand no-frills airline Freedom Air. The services were short-lived due to lower-than-expected demand and a change to Freedom Air’s fleet deployment plans."

The main reason Freedom didn't work NTL/AKL is because this was the1st time airlines paid agents no commission, so all NTL agents didn't mention Freedom to their clients & sent them via SYD.

Not long after charters using Royal Tongan 752 (Royal Brunei) were to be started NTL/AKL, but got very little support from locals & Tongan by this stage were also in a mess (think they may have been in amess since day 1, with load factors in the 30's)

cavemanzk
23rd Sep 2013, 08:46
More likely now that NZ/DJ are joint on the Tasman, would give both airlines alot of local feed. Also NZ seems to be making AKL-MCY-AKL work in the winter months.

missy
23rd Sep 2013, 11:28
Newcastle Airport will double its existing terminal under an $80 million expansion program Sydney's "northern" airport to expand

Going Boeing
24th Sep 2013, 08:11
I hope they don't expect the RAAF to give Jetstar any more slots into NTL - they already adversely affect the RAAF's operations.

BNEA320
24th Sep 2013, 13:12
they obviously don't give a stuff about RAAF. You don't spend a lot of money before you know what you can do.

Sounds like it's a done deal. Move over RAAF & get out of the way, is the way it looks.

Going Boeing
24th Sep 2013, 19:52
My view is that the Oz tax payer has invested $billions in establishing the RAAF Base infrastructure so why should that be adversely affected by a couple of companies that want to pocket cash using that infrastructure.

It appears that the aviation market in the Newcastle area has grown sufficiently that the companies concerned should approach the Federal government about establishing a dedicated civilian airfield and let the RAAF use their facilities unhindered.

BNEA320
5th Oct 2013, 23:57
the govt is worse than broke, so unless you want to pay a lot more in taxes, there's not going to be a new airport in Newcastle area.

It's called sharing, what already exists.

spleener
6th Oct 2013, 13:02
Better expand the woefully inadequate carpark while they're at it. Suggestion: increase revenue parking spaces and reduce parking warden numbers.
Yeah, sour grapes, but got busted using a physically challenged person's carpark when there was none of ours available.[ I swear I saw one of those wheelie guys using our carpark space before! ] Anyway, you get the point, but I don't think they do.

sunnySA
6th Oct 2013, 23:30
Build a parallel runway to the south of the current one such that the terminal is between the runways.