PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia when it comes to hiring Pilots

cyrilroy21
23rd Sep 2013, 04:54
This is an excerpt which appeared in the Sept 14 , 2013 Edition of Outlook Business Magazine on Air Asia India and Mittu Chandilya. I Felt it was very important to share it among us aviators

From the magazine-

Fernandes routinely spends one day a month carrying bags at this airline and on one such occasion , his fellow bag carrier was a young boy

"
Who I realised was super smart " , recalls Fernandes . " I said, ' You should be a pilot ' , to which he replied , ' I left school at 13 ; I dont stand a chance ' .

"

When the LCC started its first Cadet Pilot scheme in 2003 , of the 1st 18 cadets , 11 were from within the company and included check in assistants , engineering cabin crew and bag carriers .
The airline's existing pilots helped them study for the pilot exams and the boy Fernandes referred to scored the highest marks ever at the Malaysian Flying Academy.

Two months ago he became Captain

" You join the airline to carry bags and 8 years later you are the captain of an A320 . That changes the whole motivation of an organisation "

P.S : No copyright intended

cyrilroy21
23rd Sep 2013, 05:00
Had the case been in India the Indian DGCA would never accept a high school dropout and instead would have asked to go and clear both 10th grade and 12th grade with maths and physics as subjects first :ugh:

blackbirdsr72
23rd Sep 2013, 13:27
I was deeply moved when I read this. I had a colleague in Australia who once was a CSA in a small airport in Albury. A senior management guy from quantas helped him to get his cpl.
The same article in outlook points on the impact on jet & spicejet as well. Mark Watkins says spicejet will have the bloodiest nose. ...

Seems media is following indian aviation more than before. There are few interesting articles in CEO India (September edition) about Mittu and in "Cruising Heights" there's an article by jitender bhargava about his forthcoming book on Air India.

Regards

Geragau
23rd Sep 2013, 21:45
" You join the airline to carry bags and 8 years later you are the captain of an A320 . That changes the whole motivation of an organisation "

Subtle touch by that fat bangla to f**k you pilots. Sigh, and we have professionals who go goggly eyes at this " stupendous " move.

It shows that PIGS CAN FLY. Teach and instruct pig or monkey over, and over and over again a zillion times how to pedal or manipulate buttons/switches...it will certainly do it to near perfection. This would be the case of 13 year school drop outs managing to pedal and paddle the modern aircraft. Of course I stand corrected if this 13 year dropout was of average academic ability, continued night school, studied all the necessary science and arts subjects to qualify for entrance into a bona fide flying program and then gone to train adequately and performed adequately as an airline pilot.

If he had gone to those shady flying outfits which produce what Malaysians called " kopi O " pilots with " kopi O " licences ( awarded fraudulently with dubious records and checks, then it is a masterful stroke by the fat bangle to thump his nose at us professional pilots. I have bad previous experience with trolley dolly boys who brown nosed themselves into being let into flight
operations, then performing horribly enough to fail in their checks but always saved by their " sugar daddies and umno/mamak patrons " these pieces of work cheapens our profession and lead to decay resulting in irreparable damage to pilots' dignity. Most people are only aware of minimal acceptable piloting abilities but forget that command ability requires sound education, above average intelligence, flying skills, sense of purpose and self worth.

Cinderella stories are best left in tome of fairy tales.

blackbirdsr72
24th Sep 2013, 07:24
People tends to forget that An Airline is only a glorified Taxi service and We pilots are Glorified Drivers... some pretend that they conquered everest sitting in Glass cockpits.....

billboard
24th Sep 2013, 08:36
Maybe there was a time when getting a pilots' license required one to have above average abilities but not any more. I have heard people talking about how tough the DGCA pilots' exams are. This really disappoints me. I hear that FAA exams are even less challenging! How is it even possible to make exams easier than DGCA ones? Pilot licenses are for sale. Anyone who has the money and is not retarded(ummm?) can get one. Result? Mass unemployment.

I have never met any group of people more self-deluded than CPL holders in India. They have no jobs, no future, no standing in society and they still think they are special just because they have a CPL. And the more dumb ones have the greatest arrogance. :yuk:

It is sad that such mockery has been made of this profession.
Apologies for the rant but i have been wanting to get this out for a long time.

blackbirdsr72
24th Sep 2013, 12:10
^ well written.....

Johny Boy
24th Sep 2013, 15:38
billboard

Maybe there was a time when getting a pilots' license required one to have above average abilities but not any more. I have heard people talking about how tough the DGCA pilots' exams are. This really disappoints me. I hear that FAA exams are even less challenging! How is it even possible to make exams easier than DGCA ones? Pilot licenses are for sale. Anyone who has the money and is not retarded(ummm?) can get one. Result? Mass unemployment.

I have never met any group of people more self-deluded than CPL holders in India. They have no jobs, no future, no standing in society and they still think they are special just because they have a CPL. And the more dumb ones have the greatest arrogance.

It is sad that such mockery has been made of this profession.
Apologies for the rant but i have been wanting to get this out for a long time.

ROFLMAO :}:}

This post glorified my dull evening.
With each CPL holder airlines gets Type rated retards for free who will wh*re themselves till they die of debt's.
With each CPL holder airlines gets Self sponsored retards with cloud nine delusions.
With each CPL holder airlines gets Human Attitude indicators to direct dumb instruments.
With each CPL holder without job's we as in pilot society get classified day dreamers who somehow always find some relatives of them trying hard to hook them up for shiny jet seat in their conversations.

Boy n Girls , Remember those days of train for CPL license and get paid 2L per month or 24 L p/a. :E
After all they all have Pappa ji's brothers older son's wife's friends cousin to get them entry into cockpit. :ok:
Welcome to reality of Indian Aviation